No announcement yet.

Nietzsche's theory of a fundamentally Godless, nihilistic universe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nietzsche's theory of a fundamentally Godless, nihilistic universe

I find this is a hard one to really get to grips with, and believe that Nietzsche's oft-quoted statement that "God is dead" refers not to a deity that has ceased existence, but to the idea of the death of God as a philosophical construct.

I've briefly read science papers that suggest that, as gravity is a negative energy as a mathematical term, then it can combine with energy to create matter, the collision of both equalling the mathematical construct of zero. I feel this ties in with Nietzsche's beliefs, in that we're potentially existing in a universe truly devoid of meaning or purpose.

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    I find this is a hard one to really get to grips with, and believe that Nietzsche's oft-quoted statement that "God is dead" refers not to a deity that has ceased existence, but to the idea of the death of God as a philosophical construct.

I've briefly read science papers that suggest that, as gravity is a negative energy as a mathematical term, then it can combine with energy to create matter, the collision of both equalling the mathematical construct of zero. I feel this ties in with Nietzsche's beliefs, in that we're potentially existing in a universe truly devoid of meaning or purpose.
    Annie's speaking in a strange language. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo's View Post
      Annie's speaking in a strange language. Weird.
      I've been saying for a few days that this lounge is scraping the bottom of the barrel so thought I'd try and put my money where my mouth is.

Comment

l see. You sounded like a serious version of alexkid in this thread.

Btw, why is gravity negative?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

'Nietzsche's theory of a fundamentally Godless, nihilistic universe'?...

How old are you?

Comment

Hey annie, why is gravity negative? no google please. lol

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

How old are you?
              -44+44=0. Ergo, Godless universe.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo's View Post
                -44+44=0. Ergo, Godless universe.
                -44 apples don't even exist... so...
                ... but 44-44=0 makes sense...

Comment

How old are you?
                  What does that have to do with anything?

Comment

-44 apples don't even exist... so...
                    ... but 44-44=0 makes sense...
                    lt does. Picker A was sick so he did not pick apples. Picker B is also sick but he went to work and picked 88 apples. Picker A borrowed 44 apples from picker B. Picker B now has 44 apples. Picker A has -44 apples. -44+44=0. Ergo, no apple.

Comment

Working...
                    X