Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
    only sht we have on pacquiao is "he refused drug tests"
    except i dont remember him ever refusing it but instead beggining with, unlimited urine testing no blood testing 2 weeks before fight, to unlimited urine testing no blood 2 week before fight, to no blood testing night before fight, can test after fight to then full testing, which was like 2010 that he agreed to full testing except floyd had chosen to cover his ears and sing a melody
    That whole 'he refused drug tests' nonsense is completely disingenuous and should be treated with contempt. All the nonsense and push and shove between the two camps on that issue had more to do with a clah of monumental ego's than it did someone trying to hide steroid abuse. Floydiots just refuse to see that as its not convenient and they will only mimic what comes out from camp Floyd, even extending the idiocy at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      He is doing what a journalist shall do. Write rumour if it is a rumour. A rumour is if you only have one source or no primary source (hear-say). You cannot expect him to reveal his primary sources for this. That would be a violation of rule no.1. for journalists.
      journalists indeed do protect their sources but hauser didnt even quote a source! i suggest u take a journalism class. this is really unacceptable. ask any journalist if they could get away with this writing for a major paper and i guarantee u theyd laugh. u dont write an article based on rumors and then expect it to be taken seriously. the fact that he didnt quote even one source in the article says everything that needs to be said.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        As for the article there's several points that has to be adressed not only by Mayweather but also, and IMO more importantly, by GBP. These next weeks will be ugly. I guarantee it.
        I imagine they'll all try to ignore it as much as they can. It would be great if Hauser got to pose some of these questions to the relevant parties directly but there's not much chance of that.

One thing for certain is that if Hauser is wrong, there should be several defamation suits on his way.

If they don't arrive, well then....

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          my problem with this is who do u write an article as a jorunalist and use rumours as the basis for your argument? thats not journalism. thats unacceptable and its irresponsible. if u are gonna report something, u better damn well have the facts and the primary sources to back it up. i dont get how journalists get away with this, in every other professional literary field, u could never do that. but its ok to post rumor as fact. compelling article? sure if u are so ready to believe whatever someone tells u.
          Because this is the internet. With internet journalism, and especially amateur journalism, there is a big time lack of fact-checking. But that's why these so-called journalists usually aren't writing professionally for any reputable magazines, newspapers, etc. On the internet, you can write an article claiming that President Obama is on steroids so that he can play basketball effectively, and you'd have a legion of folks that will take it in as fact. Rumors and lies can very quickly become fact on the internet. And that's just the way it is now.

Comment

• Who to believe a well established trusted organisation or a boxing writer with a grudge where his only evidence is a rumour?

Comment

journalists indeed do protect their sources but hauser didnt even quote a source! i suggest u take a journalism class. this is really unacceptable. ask any journalist if they could get away with this writing for a major paper and i guarantee u theyd laugh. u dont write an article based on rumors and then expect it to be taken seriously. the fact that he didnt quote even one source in the article says everything that needs to be said.
              I see.

No comparison as this is sports and not politics, but have you ever heard about the term Watergate?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                No

His reputation isn't at stake BECAUSE HE ISN'T SAYING ANYTHING. Did any of you read this???

He is recycling the rumors, no facts, just rumors. He isn't claiming anything, other then rumors. He isn't showing evidence anything, other then rumors. Regarding Floyd in this article the only thing he claims is....there were ****ing rumors. Hauser isn't wrong on that, there were indeed rumors. Unfortunately rumors don't mean ****.
                Your double standards are just shocking. If you switched Floyds name for Manny's in this story you would be holding it up as proof and having a field day with it. I thought its was a great article in its entirety, not just the part pertaining to Floyd(although that is very interesting given his desire to 'clean up baxxing!').

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Who to believe a well established trusted organisation or a boxing writer with a grudge where his only evidence is a rumour?
                  Exactly but Pacquiao fans want to enjoy this while they can

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco Cain View Post
                    The timeline here is a bit unclear. Did Floyd's positive test take place after the Cotto fight or before? Also I'm surprised there isn't a specific drug linked to the positive test.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Floyd takes/took hydrocodone(Vicodin), which isn't on USADA's list of banned substances; but just about every other opioid painkiller is.
                    Rumors with no drugs named.

rofl k, Floyd is a cheat, worse than Margarito.

Comment

Yeah, he wrote about a rumor but he also mentioned plenty of other things that are factual and has quotes. The Quillian-Wright saga is most disturbing.

Like I said, Hauser isn't infallible. He writes for MaxBoxing, which skews heavily toward Top Rank (which is why he avoids bashing them even though their hands are just as dirty). And he bashed HBO forever until they hired him. But anyone who saw Mayweather's reaction the question regarding TRT has to know something is amiss, I don't care if you're a Mayweather stan or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X