Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Wilder hold his hands so close to his body?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looked absolutely horrible against Molina.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      I said it's quicker to punch especially with leverage. Not quicker to defend. Wilders jab wouldn't be as effective if he kept his hands up.
      No it is quicker to throw hands up as it is a straight line to the target

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        I don't mind it since his jab is still sharp, long, and powerful. Him pulling straight back with his hands down is the real issue. He will get put to sleep if he doesn't fix that ****.
        Yeah and his trainers realize it.and are working on it:
        http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye...eight-division

Read part with Russ Anber

Comment

What he was taught/is most comfortable with he has always used a variation of the cross armed/chicken wing guard and it allows him to easily meddle with his gloves constantly trying to push his knuckles towards the front of his gloves.

He was doing it all the way back in his amateur days before he was even with Breland.

Comment

Originally posted by POOPGOSPLAT View Post
            He looked absolutely horrible against Molina.
            Yeah just terrible. Won every round but 1, knocked him down four times, scored massively off his jab, and introduced a nasty hook.

YDKSAB

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
              Yeah just terrible. Won every round but 1, knocked him down four times, scored massively off his jab, and introduced a nasty hook.

YDKSAB
              And somehow still looked like ass.

BUUUUUUUM SQUAAAAAD!!!!!

Comment

**** it he should just grab whenever somebody gets close to him ala Wlad. He would be impossible to beat with that height and range LOL.

Comment

He tries to fight like Ali too much especially defensively, ali never really tried to block unless he was on the ropes, he always used to pull backand move his head with his hands low, difference is he was much more agile, flexible and quicker than Wilder plus he had the ability to come back with counters (pull conter for instance, the move was kinda invented by Ali and Floyd modified it a bit) Wilder is just not so natural as a fighter and his instincts and intuition is not all that good cuz he started boxing late. I think he can still improve a little bit but I'd stay away from big punchers if I were him , careful matchmaking is a must.

Comment

Hands drown requires much less energy...your hands get very heavy after you have thrown a lot of punches. It makes for a terrible defense but some fighters can get away with it if the have very long arms and can fight from a distance or have incredible speed and reflexes...but speed fades as you age and you saw what happened to Roy Jones Jr when you fight like that.

Klitschko fights hands up and has the conditioning to do it and negates Wilder's size advantage...although Wilder has a 2" reach advantage. Klitschko is where Wilder's hands down style will likely get him KO'd.

Comment

He honestly looked like he carried that back turning ***** molina. I have never seen a fighter turn his back as much since I saw that clip of that mullet wearing ***** Brian Sutherland. But the way Wilder casually wheeled away and rolled his chin like Ali/Jones jr. was amateurish. Povetkin will jump in quicker than molina and KO Wilder if he continues to do that with his hands down

Comment

Working...
                      X