Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Garcia: Jose Benavidez beat Herrera

I feel the same way.

I thought it was a draw.

Yall eat up anything HBO says man its pathetic.

I think there will be a rematch and Benavidez will probably beat him convincingly.

Comment

Thank you thats exactly what ive been saying

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        Thank you thats exactly what ive been saying
        Same here.

Comment

i thought the fight was close but was favoring Herrera because of his output, and his work to the body in the middle of the ring that drobe Benavidez into the ropes. Benavidez started off to late as well.

Benavidez is a good counter puncher, Herrera just has one hell of a chin. There were times when Benavidez was countering off the ropes and Herrera had to back off because he ate some clean counters and uppercuts. There were a couple of body shots that had Herrera taking a break as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, but i wanted Herrera to win, he has been on the short end of the stick for soo long, the guy is just getting older.

Comment

Originally posted by WombBat View Post
            I thought it was a draw.

Yall eat up anything HBO says man its pathetic.

I think there will be a rematch and Benavidez will probably beat him convincingly.
            I think Benevidez definitely has the tools to win the rematch, he's young, athletic, and is rangy/tall. He let Herrera work him to the ropes too easy. I had it even going into the 7th round.

I think if Benevidez starts off faster and keeps his back off the ropes he can take a comfortable decision, but he can't have that slow start like he did.

All said and done, I had Herrera winning 8-4, but there were a few really close rounds that could of gone either way in my opinion so if you scored it 7-5 for Benevidez I can't blame you too much. I think the judges giving Benevidez 8 or 9 rounds was a stretch for most viewers including for myself that we just couldn't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              I think Benevidez definitely has the tools to win the rematch, he's young, athletic, and is rangy/tall. He let Herrera work him to the ropes too easy. I had it even going into the 7th round.

I think if Benevidez starts off faster and keeps his back off the ropes he can take a comfortable decision, but he can't have that slow start like he did.

All said and done, I had Herrera winning 8-4, but there were a few really close rounds that could of gone either way in my opinion so if you scored it 7-5 for Benevidez I can't blame you too much. I think the judges giving Benevidez 8 or 9 rounds was a stretch for most viewers including for myself that we just couldn't believe it.

Yeah I can see a close win for Herrera. It was a close fight. If you had Benavidez winning then thats cool too. There was like 7 close rounds on my scorecard, and i have seen that fight twice already.

HBO loves creating drama out of nothing. I like HBO better because of their fighters, but I think the Showtime commentary is better in almost every way.

Comment

Originally posted by WombBat View Post
                Yeah I can see a close win for Herrera. It was a close fight. If you had Benavidez winning then thats cool too. There was like 7 close rounds on my scorecard, and i have seen that fight twice already.

HBO loves creating drama out of nothing. I like HBO better because of their fighters, but I think the Showtime commentary is better in almost every way.
                commentary is just too explosive at times. i wish for a day the commentators could sound like they did in the old school.

call the fight as if I was listening to the fight over the radio. enough with your metaphors, analogies, and comparisons.. just call the blows and the viewers will figure it out themselves.

I watch boxing with a casual, and i feel they throw out way too much info sometimes for the casual to follow. these guys dont know half the analogies you're making so just call the damn punches, foot movement, and feints (etc) in a bare bones way.

Comment

Watched it twice both times Benavidez won. but HBO as usuall with their biased commentating made appear closer then it was

I swear half the people on here that comment on fight results just watch the fight drunk and go off what the commentators say and act as if it's the gospel

Comment

Herrera needs power, if you are a slick boxer or a point fighter you can get away wtihout having power but Herrera is a slip and slide inside your face pressure fighter, but he lacks power he hit Jose with a lot of flush shots that could have knocked him down or out but he didn't have enough pop to hurt him.

Comment

Working...
                    X