Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighter had the best quality win 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fighter had the best quality win 2013?

The fighter of the year thread got me thinking in terms of quality of opponents beaten but which fighter beat the best quality opponent in 2013?

Can you explain a bit more, Weeb? Are you asking who beat the best fighter, or who had the most impressive win? If the former, do you mean best- ranking wise, or just best overall in our opinion? i.e Donaire was ranked higher but if someone thought Salido was the better fighter, they would say Salido, etc

Comment

Garcia over Mattysse
      Rigo over Donaire
      Bradley over Marquez
      Gonzalez over Mares
      Mayweather over Canelo?
      Stevenson over Dawson?

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        Can you explain a bit more, Weeb? Are you asking who beat the best fighter, or who had the most impressive win? If the former, do you mean best- ranking wise, or just best overall in our opinion? i.e Donaire was ranked higher but if someone thought Salido was the better fighter, they would say Salido, etc
        The former, "who beat the best fighter" and "best overall in your opinion".

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        Garcia over Mattysse
        Rigo over Donaire
        Bradley over Marquez
        Gonzalez over Mares
        Mayweather over Canelo?
        Stevenson over Dawson?
        Choose one JL

Comment

In terms of quality opponent, Bradley had the best win of the year by beating Juan Maunel Marquez.

In terms of most dominating performance, Guillermo Rigondeaux had the best win by nearly shutting Donaire out in that fight.

I think I would give the edge to Bradley here but largely because I thought Donaire fought like **** with 0 gameplan whereas Marquez at least had a strategy in mind that happened to not work out.

Comment

I'd say by the way his opponent was regarded, combined with the performance he put in beating his opponent, it's Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
              The former, "who beat the best fighter" and "best overall in your opinion".

Choose one JL
              I'd have to go With Danny Garcia since most people thought he would get KO'ed easily

Comment

Has to be Rigo

Comment

garcia or rigo....

Comment

The greatest win of the year was Gonzalez TKO1 over Mares, BY FAR.

If there was a win of the year, that would be it.

Rigondeax-Donaire was difficult to call for me, I called it a close fight.

Gonzalez-Mares? I thought Mares was going to straight up knock poor Gonzalez out, especially since he's been on the slide. That was just shocking.

1. Gonzalez-Mares
                    2. Rigo-Donaire
                    3. Mayweather-Canelo
                    4. Stevenson-Dawson
                    5. Garcia-Matthysse(Came out exactly how I thought it would)

Comment

Working...
                    X