Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Judah beats Garcia would it indicate that the Khan win was a fluke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

although khan's been getting ****ted on for a while now, and he deserves most of it, i still think khan SHOULDVE schooled garcia.

the speed differential was way too large... khan couldve/shouldve outboxed the kid the whole fight.... BUT khan didnt, and paid for it.

the hype for garcia is mindblowing... he beats khan & morales then everyone swears the kid is the second coming of jesus christ. LOL.

i like garcia, but the dude is not there yet. if he beats judah, it proves nothing.... sadly.

khan gets a KO over judah and everyone was like, meh, judah is washed up.

even if garcia KOs judah in the first round, it wont really boost his rep.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
      Pre-Bambi fight, Khan's been blasted out before (Prescott) and put on queer street (Maidana). Garcia loss was no fluke.
      Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
      although khan's been getting ****ted on for a while now, and he deserves most of it, i still think khan SHOULDVE schooled garcia.

the speed differential was way too large... khan couldve/shouldve outboxed the kid the whole fight.... BUT khan didnt, and paid for it.

the hype for garcia is mindblowing... he beats khan & morales then everyone swears the kid is the second coming of jesus christ. LOL.

i like garcia, but the dude is not there yet. if he beats judah, it proves nothing.... sadly.

khan gets a KO over judah and everyone was like, meh, judah is washed up.

even if garcia KOs judah in the first round, it wont really boost his rep.
      Garcia gets massive props because everyone hates Khan so much

KO him and you become an instant hero to the legions of khan haters.

That's all it is

Comment

Garcia looked better than Maidana against Khan and although Maidana has [or should have] lost a ton of decisions, he is still highly rated by many.

I can understand some of the hype around Garcia for sure, but who is really overhyping him anyway? I haven't seen many ridiculous "Garcia vs Tyson" type fantasy threads like I see all day long for Broner.

I don' think Judah can win this by decision and will most likely get outworked over the distance, if he can hang in there at all. ofc I do hope he scores a brutal ko with that beautiful left hand of his

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
          Garcia looked better than Maidana against Khan and although Maidana has [or should have] lost a ton of decisions, he is still highly rated by many.

I can understand some of the hype around Garcia for sure, but who is really overhyping him anyway? I haven't seen many ridiculous "Garcia vs Tyson" type fantasy threads like I see all day long for Broner.
          Khan fought differently against Maidana as he was seen as a huge threat.

Everyone thought garcia was complete trash so the gameplan was to bomb him out.

That's the difference. Had they known he was dangerous there's no way they would have fought him like that, it's the most aggressive I've seen khan, he never fights THAT wrecklessly, it was ridiculous

Comment

Go and check the threads before khan vs garcia

Even his staunchest haters picked khan

Not one person mentioned garcia having good timing, every last one said he was average, nothing special

Roach and co obviously thought the same thing.

What's the worst possible thing you can do vs a counter puncher with good timing and a left hook?

Everything khan did, give him straight lines, stay at mid range, leave your chin hanging out, everything khan did.

If you really think khan goes into a rematch and fights the same then your dreaming.

He would use lateral movement and quick snappy jabs, while keeping his chin tucked and his right hand up, keep out of the slower man's range and make calculated, tight attacks, don't hang around and let him hit you, the way he should against that kind of opponent.

He might lose again, who knows but he'd definitely have a better chance of winning, he has the skilkset

And yes he'd probably get caught a few times, but he got caught a LOT in the first two rounds and took them, it was only because he KEPT ON giving garcia chances to hit him that garcia loaded up everything and caught him with literally his best shot, swung from the back of the arena

Khan wouldn't give him that in a rematch, and he can take the odd shot here and therefrom garcia , just not ****ing 30 left hooks over and over again.

Comment

Gimme a break, when Prescott Bambi'd him, they blamed Rubio, fired him.

When Garcia clipped his nuts, they blamed Roach, fired him.

Each time it's 'you're gonna see a new Amir Khan', etc. etc.

The kid is nothing special besides fast hands. No chin, no ring generalship, he's panic at the disco when the **** hits the fan, etc.

Danny gets too much hype from some corners for beating on a faded Morales, and GBP is protecting him from Lucas, but that doesn't mean his KO of Khan is a fluke, it means Khan really isn't that great of a fighter.

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Wasn't a fluke but was most likely down to idiotic tactics (which roach is in charge of)

Same **** every time, in and out throwing **** loads of wild shots

That's why it's called the wild card.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Wasn't a fluke but was most likely down to idiotic tactics (which roach is in charge of)

Same **** every time, in and out throwing **** loads of wild shots

That's why it's called the wild card.
                Garcia's left hook was no secret. I understand there was a journalist visiting Wild Card prior to the fight and the journalist witnessed Roach spending over an hour with Khan on how to defend against the left hook.
                Roach has gone on record saying that Khan does nor follow game plans and likes to get involved in fights so I don't think Roach is at fault here when it came to tactics. Khan just did a Khan in the ring and came unstuck.

Comment

everybody has a plan until they got caught, so nothing fluke

Comment

[QUOTE=Earl Hickey;13119422]Go and check the threads before khan vs garcia

Not one person mentioned garcia having good timing, every last one said he was average, nothing special

If you really think khan goes into a rematch and fights the same then your QUOTE]

Peterson and Prescott were nothing special either. It just goes to show you an average fighter has a great chance against Khan. What does that say about Khan's real level?

Comment

No, styles make fights and Triangle Theories are not facts by definition. A 3-way can go in circles forever with 1 beating 2 and 2 beating 3 and 3 beating 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X