No announcement yet.

Andre Berto + Floyd Mayweather, Sr. = Success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Berto + Floyd Mayweather, Sr. = Success

All I kept thinking last night was how bad Berto's defense was, he was trying to shoulder roll at times but Collazo kept getting through easy with his jab and some left hands.

Berto gets Mayweather, Sr. in his corner he'll be a ****ing monster.

Good thread. I was thinking about this as well. He needs to get that trainer out of his corner and get someone elite if he wants to be elite.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
      All I kept thinking last night was how bad Berto's defense was, he was trying to shoulder roll at times but Collazo kept getting through easy with his jab and some left hands.

Berto gets Mayweather, Sr. in his corner he'll be a ****ing monster.

What do you do about his weak chin?

Comment

Sr. isnt Superman. Why do people always come up with these threads? If it were that simple Oscar would have been a lot better under him. Chad Dawson wouldnt have fired him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Sr. isnt Superman. Why do people always come up with these threads? If it were that simple Oscar would have been a lot better under him. Chad Dawson wouldnt have fired him.

Comment

Floyd sr. isnt anything special.Roach has better resume.

Comment

Yea I wonder why everybody always says Floyd Sr would make a fighter better. Dude is good, but I don't know if he'd mesh wit every fighter.

Comment

I have been saying this for awhile, Mayweather Sr in his corner would be great for him, with improved defense, nothing can stop Berto

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                  Yea I wonder why everybody always says Floyd Sr would make a fighter better. Dude is good, but I don't know if he'd mesh wit every fighter.
                  Agreed. Though I actually think Berto and Senior would gel quite nicely. You'd see dramatic improvement in Berto's defence, which seems to be his biggest flaw right now.

Comment

After seeing some open workout footage from Berto doing mitt work for the Ortiz rematch, I thought about this thread from a while back.

Looking back at the replies, I get that Floyd, Sr. isn't a miracle worker and won't automatically mesh with every fighter he works with, but for Berto's style I think he'd be a perfect fit. His defense is seriously lacking, but his speed and power could greatly benefit him training under Floyd Sr's style. He could definitely get Berto putting better combinations together and working behind his jab a lot better, in addition to teaching him much improved defense.

Thoughts (three years later)?

Comment

Working...
                    X