No announcement yet.

Odlanier Solis Victorious In Comeback Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odlanier Solis Victorious In Comeback Fight

Odlanier “La Sombra” Solis (21-3, 14 KOs) returned to action for the first time in 18 months with a second round KO over journeyman Milos Dovedan (2-26, 2 KOs).

Imagine if he lost to someone with that record. The shape he come into that fight is not so great as well

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
    Odlanier “La Sombra” Solis (21-3, 14 KOs) returned to action for the first time in 18 months with a second round KO over journeyman Milos Dovedan (2-26, 2 KOs).

Imagine if he lost to someone with that record. The shape he come into that fight is not so great as well
    How much did he weigh???
    He looked 310-330LBS

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
      How much did he weigh???
      He looked 310-330LBS
      Cant find any info on how much he weighed, but he looked freakin huge :s

So sad that this guy a couple of years ago was being hyped to beat Vitali and Wladimir and mentioned as the next big heavyweight.

Comment

A small article I read about his return:-

"Former heavyweight title challenger Odlanier “La Sombra” Solis (21-3, 14 KOs) returned to action for the first time in 18 months with a second round KO over journeyman Milos Dovedan (2-26, 2 KOs) on Thursday night at the ECB Boxgym in Hamburg, Germany. Rebounding from two consecutive losses to Tony Thompson, Solis entered the ring at a lean and trim (for him) 240 pounds, some 25 pounds less than in recent fights. He dropped the overmatched Dovedan twice with body shots in round two to end it. The 36-year-old Solis, a 2004 Olympic gold medalist, is now fighting under the banner of Erol Ceylan of EC Boxing. He will return September 17 on the undercard of Firat Arslan vs. Nuri Seferi in Göppingen, and Ceylan says Solis will have a big fight by the end of the year."

Although from the pics he looked huge to be honest. It's on F*ghtnews if anybody is interested :-)

Comment

Originally posted by aretrospective View Post

"Former heavyweight title challenger Odlanier “La Sombra” Solis (21-3, 14 KOs) returned to action for the first time in 18 months with a second round KO over journeyman Milos Dovedan (2-26, 2 KOs) on Thursday night at the ECB Boxgym in Hamburg, Germany. Rebounding from two consecutive losses to Tony Thompson, Solis entered the ring at a lean and trim (for him) 240 pounds, some 25 pounds less than in recent fights. He dropped the overmatched Dovedan twice with body shots in round two to end it. The 36-year-old Solis, a 2004 Olympic gold medalist, is now fighting under the banner of Erol Ceylan of EC Boxing. He will return September 17 on the undercard of Firat Arslan vs. Nuri Seferi in Göppingen, and Ceylan says Solis will have a big fight by the end of the year."

Although from the pics he looked huge to be honest. It's on F*ghtnews if anybody is interested :-)
          Yeah, I saw the picture there, to me he looked more like Gabe Brown instead of a lean and trim.

Comment

Originally posted by aretrospective View Post

There's no way he's 240 pounds. No way.

His next fight is about 20 miles away from me. I need to look at the ticket prices.

Comment

Working...
            X