No announcement yet.

Does it piss you off when people....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Speaking of those types, when I was in my doctor's office yesterday morning, I was bumrushed by one of "those" types. not really sure what it is about my physical appearance that always draws attention from the crazy Christians, but whatever it is, I wish it would stop.

Anyway, he handed me a pamphlet and told me that God loves me and that God's love is the only "sure" thing in life. Since it was a doctor's office (and he looked about 5 years from death) I decided to exercise some decorum, and only replied "Gee, thanks..." rather sarcastically.

I only opened the pamphlet as I got into my car afterwards, and couldn't help but LOL at the very first words printed inside of it....

Needless to say, I was offended. And they must realize it to print such words in their lame little pamphlets. Kinda like calling a black man "you know what", then handing him a letter afterwards that instructs him not to be offended, because you were merely doing your part to voice your opinion.

The point of this story?

There is none, it just happened yesterday, and I've not told anyone about it, and I feel the need to ramble. Hope you enjoyed it, if not - "off" is the general direction in which I'd like you to ****.
    I dont understand why you would be offended

Are you just as offended when a dude dressed as the statue of Liberty comes up to you on the street and offers to buy your gold?

Comment

Because I find it offensive to try to pass along (or impose, in rare cases) your personal beliefs on others?

Comment

If the zealots and nonchalant followers of the top 3 religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam), knew the history of the religions they profess to (Christians especially), the top 3 religions would cease to operate as they do today. The history of these religions goes in complete contrast to their scripture.
        Last edited by Heru; 02-01-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          I dont understand why you would be offended

Are you just as offended when a dude dressed as the statue of Liberty comes up to you on the street and offers to buy your gold?
          Poor analogy.

Comment

Because I find it offensive to try to pass along (or impose, in rare cases) your personal beliefs on others?
            This isnt sunday school that your parents force you to go to. They attempt to advertise their product, which in this case is God.

They are just like any other advertisement but their product is a controversial one that may or may not exist.

Do you find it offensive that Mcdonalds tries to pass along their personal beliefs that THEIR burgers and fries are the best?

All they did was offer you a chance to see their beliefs. You dont have to agree with something to understand where they are coming from.

Comment

So you're comparing pushing faith on others with McDonald's belief that their burgers and fries are the best in all the land?

Riiiiiight.

We won't see eye to eye on this. Just answer me this, though : Why have I never encountered a Jew who pushed his (or her) beliefs on me via similarly cheap, car salesman-like tactics?

Or a muslim?

Or a buddhist?

Or a hindu?

Or a taoist?

Or a shintoist? (Proper term?)

Or a wiccan?

Or a fellow atheist?

Or an agnostic?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                This isnt sunday school that your parents force you to go to. They attempt to advertise their product, which in this case is God.

They are just like any other advertisement but their product is a controversial one that may or may not exist.

Do you find it offensive that Mcdonalds tries to pass along their personal beliefs that THEIR burgers and fries are the best?

All they did was offer you a chance to see their beliefs. You dont have to agree with something to understand where they are coming from.
                How are you comparing fast food with organized religion? I never heard of Burger King having a Great Crusade against Mcdonalds, nor the Hamburgler chopping off Ronald's head over a burger dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  How are you comparing fast food with organized religion? I never heard of Burger King having a Great Crusade against Mcdonalds, nor the Hamburgler chopping off Ronald's head over a burger dispute.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Sweet Pea 50 again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    Am i simply comparing fast food to religion or am i making a very specific point?

All im saying is theres no reason to be offended when a missionary comes up to you and hands you a pamphlet about how great god is, just like when somebody comes up to you and hands you a Mcdonalds Flyer about how great the big mac is

Whether there is a jesus burger or moses fries makes no difference to the point im making

Comment

So you're comparing pushing faith on others with McDonald's belief that their burgers and fries are the best in all the land?

Riiiiiight.

We won't see eye to eye on this. Just answer me this, though : Why have I never encountered a Jew who pushed his (or her) beliefs on me via similarly cheap, car salesman-like tactics?

Or a muslim?

Or a buddhist?

Or a hindu?

Or a taoist?

Or a shintoist? (Proper term?)

Or a wiccan?

Or a fellow atheist?

Or an agnostic?
                      I had a muslim try pushing islam on to me.

fuuck that I love bacon and im not rocking a beard.

Comment

Working...
                      X