No announcement yet.

Calzaghe Diehard Stans, Come In Here. *Dawson Related*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
    To be fair IMDAZED, you literally just argued your point using rankings with me in another thread.

Now RJJ being LHW #5 when facing Calzaghe, and now LHW #6 still is factually noted, you suddenly don't merit it quite so much.

Double standard, would be a fair shout there.
    How do you figure? Where did I argue numerical rankings here?

I could give a rat's ass what # Jones was ranked, he certainly wasn't/hasn't been ranked higher than Antonio Tarver since May 14, 2004.

What does that have to do with my saying that Antonio Tarver beats all the guys you listed in another thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      So now we're arguing Jones over Tarver as an opponent even though Tarver is Jones' daddy.

The levels we stoop to.
      Nope. We're arguing about Tarver being a "top light heavy" whilst Jones was "shot to pieces".

When in reality, neither of them were at their best. Tarver beating Clinton Woods - who, incidently, Jones is the daddy of - apparently means he was a worthy opponent and Roy wasnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
        Kessler's last 2 opponents were Hausler and Sartison. You are trying to tell me that no one better than those chumps is willing to step in the ring with Kessler? get outta here. And don't use the excuse "no one is willing to go to Denmark to face him" cuz you know thats a joke.
        So were my original two posts but they flew over your head.

Man, Kessler is hilarious to me. Mark my words, he's going to keep fighting chump after chump until he finds a vic (if you know what I mean). TRUST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Nope. We're arguing about Tarver being a "top light heavy" whilst Jones was "shot to pieces".

When in reality, neither of them were at their best. Tarver beating Clinton Woods - who, incidently, Jones is the daddy of - apparently means he was a worthy opponent and Roy wasnt.
          Whatever. Jones hasn't beaten a ranked light heavy since...when?

Comment

So were my original two posts but they flew over your head.

Man, Kessler is hilarious to me. Mark my words, he's going to keep fighting chump after chump until he finds a vic (if you know what I mean). TRUST.
            my bad, couldn't pick up on the sarcasm....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Don't forget that a close to prime Jones beat Woods, not the version that lost to Calzaghe. You are completely ignoring the fact that Tarver was a champion and stating your opinions of Woods, facts don't lie. Dawson's last two opponents would stop Jones again, the same way they did about 5 years ago.

Comment

• Calzaghe is far too experienced for Dawson...if you can't ko Calzaghe you will lose, it's fairly simple logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  Don't forget that a close to prime Jones beat Woods, not the version that lost to Calzaghe. You are completely ignoring the fact that Tarver was a champion and stating your opinions of Woods, facts don't lie. Dawson's last two opponents would stop Jones again, the same way they did about 5 years ago.

You're letting facts get in the way of terrible circular argument. Just stop it.

Comment

How do you figure? Where did I argue numerical rankings here?

I could give a rat's ass what # Jones was ranked, he certainly wasn't/hasn't been ranked higher than Antonio Tarver since May 14, 2004.

What does that have to do with my saying that Antonio Tarver beats all the guys you listed in another thread?
                    Here's your comment;

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    The question speaks volumes. Can you answer? If the 4th best LHW is better than ALL OF THOSE GUYS YOU JUST MENTIONED, what does that tell you?
                    You referenced Tarver (as you later pointed out) being the 4th best LHW, which is his ranking. So it seems quite all right here to use that as bargaining and arguing ground, yet just not when Dirk just did, merely factually pointing out a ranking and little more, like you did.

Or do you choose your own ranking methods now above Ring Magazine, and just happen to agree with some of them, but not others.

Please. Those are the rankings. You choose to not credit the ranking # game when it's used against you, even though you used it, and furthermore used it as a bargaining tool over over ranked fighters.
                    Last edited by Kris Silver; 02-03-2009, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                      I just looked at my old ring magazine from last year leading up to Jones/Calzaghe and actually, they did have Jones ranked AT number 10, though me and you both know that he was only placed there because of his name and to not make the Calzaghe fight look like a joke. Weather you like it or not, Antonio was ranked at 3 when he lost to Dawson and no matter how bad you think Woods is, hes been around the division for a while and he had a title which he won from Johnson and he himself was also ranked at 4 at the time Tarver beat him. Which fighter did Jones fight in his comeback that was a good fighter with a decent rating?
                      Yep, Jones was placed in the top 10 but that doesnt matter because you think it was undeserved

But it doesnt matter what I think of Woods or Tarver, they were ranked highly so I have to accept it?

Get the **** outta here.

Comment

Working...
                      X