Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys Should Have To Fight Until One Of Them Gets Knocked Out - Agree or Disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair to the kid, that's the way boxing was originally, back in the day. They'd fight until they couldn't fight anymore, until one boxer got KOd or quit.

There was also a 30 second count, not a 10 second count. And of course the rules changed over time from unlimited rounds, eventually to 15 round fights and then to 12 round fights.

Comment

Disagree, go watch MMA where no one can take a punch and you will get your fix maybe? Can football games be won when no one scores a TD? Can a basketball game be won in the end on just free throws? Can a soccer game be won on PK's? Yes to all.

If boxing was changed to this rule, there would be a ton of deaths in the ring from both brain damage and exhaustion. People need to appreciate the art and skill of boxing more, and not succumb to the "MMA generation" thinking of brutal KO's all the time. Maybe as a society we are just more violent and impatient? I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        People should play basketball or football until they can't run anymore, or the ball bursts, or the heels of their shoes get worn away until all that's left is their socks. Second thoughts..
        The difference is that boxing is physical combat. In physical combat, guys should have to decisively beat the other, not just out-point them like the way it's done in other sports. I'm not even really strongly advocating the idea, just throwing it out there as food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
          The difference is that boxing is physical combat. In physical combat, guys should have to decisively beat the other, not just out-point them like the way it's done in other sports. I'm not even really strongly advocating the idea, just throwing it out there as food for thought.
          That's how it was when it first started but for health and safety reasons they implemented much more stringent rules, as I think I mentioned in another post.

In your proposed scenario, the fatality rate, or life-affecting injury rate, within boxing would likely increase dramatically which would mean that there would be much more probability of it getting banned as a sport. Pro boxing has already been banned and then unbanned in various countries around the world because of the associated brutality and perceived inhumanity.

Comment

I sometimes think this would be a option when you gets fights like Guerrero and Garcia the other day with Guerrero thinking he was robbed against Garcia.

I was thinking it was a shame Guerrero was robbed but then saw the highlights and Guerrero never landed one punch

But not practice cos someone could get hurt bad

Comment

Working...
            X