No announcement yet.

A question for all the hagler experts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for all the hagler experts

Did marvin swell up and get cut fairly easily? I notice he had swelling in the duran fight and was cut badly against tommy.

Not really. You have to remember that Duran landed more punches over 15 rounds on Hagler than just about anyone else did over 15 rounds. When you see what even an old Duran did to Ray Leonard's face in 1989 its no surprise that Hagler's face showed the marks of battle in 1983.

As for Hearns; one of the heaviest and most spiteful pound for pound punchers ever! Its no surprise that Hagler was cut. Tommy showed no pacing intelligence that night and simply unloaded everything he had.............and alot of it connected. Hearns that night wouldn't just have cut many of history's middleweights, many would have been knocked unconscious.

Hagler was a fighter without much in the way of weakness in any department.

Comment

I believe he had some scar tissue over an eye....and it was opened up in the first Hamsho fight.

Comment

Hagler was cut by headbutts in both Hamsho fights. And, given the location of the cut in the Hearns fight (on his forehead) I'd be really suprised if that was from a punch.

Comment

Working...
        X