No announcement yet.

sparring.. a bit "scared"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring.. a bit "scared"?

i been training for a year... yet i still have problems sparring because im afraid to hit my sparring partners... im sure this is a common problem for beginners, any "quick" fixes to this?? I can only go at a more realistic pace when they hit me with a hard combo...
    no trolling please, i know this sounds kinda stupid, but i really find it troubling.. i really wanna hit them hard and not feel guilty about it...
    Last edited by nivek535; 08-09-2014, 10:06 AM.

if you want to just do it, there is nothing to feel guilty about.

im the same way btw, i prefer not beating up on my sparring partners and feel bad for them (not guilty) when i do. at the end of the day if and when i want to put a hurting on them i just do it.

i understand why you dont want to hurt them but i dont understand why you would feel guilty, its boxing. more importantly if you want to throw big shots why you just dont do it. seems to me you are just too nice, idk.

this sounds crazy but create a split personality for yourself who only comes out in the ring. everyone has a mean streak somewhere inside them so just be the nicest guy in the world outside the ring and take all the anger and frustration that builds up in every day life with you into the ring and just let it go.

Comment

Easy..................jab everywhere (up & down) and throw your harder shots to the chest and midsection! Once you see your spar partner is ok just start mixing in different shots to different area's! (top & bottom)
      Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        if you want to just do it, there is nothing to feel guilty about.

im the same way btw, i prefer not beating up on my sparring partners and feel bad for them (not guilty) when i do. at the end of the day if and when i want to put a hurting on them i just do it.

i understand why you dont want to hurt them but i dont understand why you would feel guilty, its boxing. more importantly if you want to throw big shots why you just dont do it. seems to me you are just too nice, idk.

this sounds crazy but create a split personality for yourself who only comes out in the ring. everyone has a mean streak somewhere inside them so just be the nicest guy in the world outside the ring and take all the anger and frustration that builds up in every day life with you into the ring and just let it go.
        sounds a little crazy, but i guess ill try.. maybe force it once or twice and maybe itll keep going...? thanks!

Comment

i been training for a year... yet i still have problems sparring because im afraid to hit my sparring partners... im sure this is a common problem for beginners, any "quick" fixes to this?? I can only go at a more realistic pace when they hit me with a hard combo...
          no trolling please, i know this sounds kinda stupid, but i really find it troubling.. i really wanna hit them hard and not feel guilty about it...
          Actually I experience the same type of feelings when I spar friends or a person I have a lot of respect for........I tend to ease up on certain shots, pull punches, etc. I don't sweat it too much since I only train as a hobby.

I think Ray Corso's advice was pretty good, try doing that until they catch you with a good shot then you can unload with a clear conscience!!!

Comment

haha you guys are all mushy about humans

Comment

Originally posted by Peach View Post
              haha you guys are all mushy about humans
              well what do you know... i just ****in picked up a tiny stinky ass (just gave that lil dog a shower, not stink anymore) stray dog while on vacation....... hope someone adopts this little ****. so cute, but i cant keep em

Comment

One of the guys i train with says he has this problem too. I almost never feel guilty cause i reason your training partner is in the ring cause he want to learn to fight and you learn by doing. Also most guys i train with are better then me so they punch me as hard as i punch them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                  One of the guys i train with says he has this problem too. I almost never feel guilty cause i reason your training partner is in the ring cause he want to learn to fight and you learn by doing. Also most guys i train with are better then me so they punch me as hard as i punch them.
                  **** it im gonna go hard today >_>

Comment

honestly if it bothers you to hurt somebody, maybe you shouldn't be boxing. I don't like sparring friends for this reason. too easy to hurt a friend and therefore maybe damage a friendship. I'd rather go hard on a random then spar a friend and regret it later.

Comment

Working...
                    X