No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    i wasnt a fan at all of Wards early style i always called him a pretty boy n stuff didnt really care much about him, i had seen Ward in Houston at some boxing fights he was there early catching the first fights like a true boxing fan n my bro told me lets get an autograph from him or at least lets talk to him about boxing n stuff cause he is gona be one of the greats, i said hell no that dude is a pretty boy he aint gonna make it once he faces the top i think around that time he was about to fight la pantera Miranda, n now hes one of my favorites

Yeah he might've looked like a pretty boy but even then, I liked his demeanor outside the ring. I always felt he had heart but heart and chin aren't the same thing. And I'm still not convinced about his whiskers, to be honest.

Comment

after the visit last week on Pac's camp, maybe he wants to be Pacquiao! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

Yeah he might've looked like a pretty boy but even then, I liked his demeanor outside the ring. I always felt he had heart but heart and chin aren't the same thing. And I'm still not convinced about his whiskers, to be honest.
        well he hasnt been hit the chin much, the point is not to get hit in the chin n he has faced some good fighters already n hasnt really gotten hit clean or rocked at all much, its not much about showin your tough chin but more like never getting hit clean in the chin is more important

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
          well he hasnt been hit the chin much, the point is not to get hit in the chin n he has faced some good fighters already n hasnt really gotten hit clean or rocked at all much, its not much about showin your tough chin but more like never getting hit clean in the chin is more important
          Agreed. Chin or not, he's deserving of all the accolades and until he loses, doesn't really matter how good it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            I would love the comparisons to stop because he isn't even close to what Floyd was.. We weren't able to see Broner exposed against a tailor made Demarco but we will, kid puts everything behind every punch and it will cost him in the end just like it did berto...
            In pure skill no he's not the defensive wizard Floyd was/is. Will he get hit with that big shot that "exposes" him? Damn I think he will do just like Floyd does and shake it off. And c'mon he's already far surpassed berto in everything except ridiculous hbo contracts. But stay tuned for that.

Comment

Originally posted by apunchnotseen View Post
              In pure skill no he's not the defensive wizard Floyd was/is. Will he get hit with that big shot that "exposes" him? Damn I think he will do just like Floyd does and shake it off. And c'mon he's already far surpassed berto in everything except ridiculous hbo contracts. But stay tuned for that.
              Its obvious that Broner didn't have real amateur experience. I think the blueprint to beat him is rather easy since he puts too much mustard on every punch. Work his body and drown him late. Once he gets in there with someone with real skill and power he's going to have big problems.. Floyd was too quick and slick to figure out, Broner isn't as quick and just tries to stand there and walk everyone down thats why he stuggled with Ponce..

Comment

Boxing "fans" throw the term, "exposed", around so loosely that I'm not sure if many of the actually understand what the term means. Seth Mitchell was "exposed" last night. Exposing is what happens when you have an up-n-comer blowing through tomato cans and once he steps ups and fights actual contenders he gets massacred. In Broner's case, he beat the top rated lightweight in the world last night, with ease. That means he's a player, a championship level fighter. And when you show you're able to win at the championship level, you can no longer be exposed. The only thing that can happen to Broner now is that he can lose. It won't mean he was a hype job. It will simply mean he lost to another championship level fighter.

Comment

yeah im tired of the comparisons. . Broner is his own man. . . Let him do his thing, and Floyd do his. . .

Broner is more aggressive, and takes more risks (after he learned his lesson in the Ponce fight - he trusts his instincts and reflexes more now).

It's not fair to Broner, and it's deinitely not fair to Floyd seeing what he as accomplished compared to Broner at this point. I do see Broner going up to 147 one day, though.

Comment

Could it be fair to compare him to James toney as he is more aggressive and more offensive. The fight against demarco reminded me of heavyweight toney as broner sat in the pocket

Comment

I think the comparison to James Toneys style at heavy weight is spot on.

Comment

Working...
                      X