Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Mayweather Maybe Wins 5 Years Ago, Not Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd said Pacquiao was washed up has been, last year, he said yesterday to his boy Ben Thompson that Pacquiao is not the same fighter he was before and that he has slowed down, Alex Ariza said this will be Floyds easiest fight and that Pacquiao is a shell of his former self.

Roach said Floyd maybe would have won 5 years ago lol,

There are two differences here. one side is telling the truth, the other is trying to goad and bait someone to act on emotion.

Floyd when he responded was being 100 percent honest he didn't say Pac was a bum he said the truth the timing was right for him now because Pac is not the same fighter, Alex Ariza said Pac is a shell and will be Floyds easiest fight, but when they said it they didnt do it as trash talk just honesty.

Roach is trying to make **** up to goad Floyd, but Floyd will not take the bait, if you guys want an example of this type of mental game Roach plays Angel Garcia is better.

Angel Garcia used a simple tactic he got in Khans head and Khan acted on emtion and got knocked out, Floyd will not take any bait that Roach is trying to some how desperately use, Floyd doesnt act off emotion in the ring, the only time he has ever been emotional has been outside the ring when it comes to women he cannot control his temper but inside the ring he is very calm, cool and collected, Roach is trying to bait Floyd to act off emotion thinking Floyd will say how dare he say I won't win now, that im washed up that my legs are gone ill show Roach ill beat his fighter bad and try to ko him.

Nope Floyd will let the crowd boo like mad he will never ever stray from a gameplan, this shows that Roach really has no gameplan, Roach is in desperattion mode now. He used that Floyds legs were gone comment 5 years ago, so how the hell would he believe Floyd would win 5 years ago when he said that 5 years ago that Floyd legs were gone?

Roach nice try dude, but Floyd is not a sucker, he will stick to his gameplan and not act of emotion in the ring.

Bottomline is Floyd is undefeated and Pacquiao is washed up and already been put to sleep and Marquez and Bradley leftover, no way Floyd loses to Manny at this stage. No way at all, the fight would have been more competitive 5 years ago, but today its a wash, Floyd shuts Pac out.
    Last edited by hectari; 03-01-2015, 04:58 AM.

Comment

We don't see what Freddie Roach saw on Dela Hoya, Martinez, Mayweather.

Comment

Roach is playing mind games, its clear when you think like chess and not checkers

Comment

That's funny because from what I've been reading a lot of Floyd haters seem to think that Manny would have won 5 years ago and that now Pac is too old. As far as Pac winning by KO that is Roach saying nonsense again. Manny hasn't won by KO since 2009. He didn't even KO Rios who's a guy who willingly takes punches to the face. Now I'm supposed to believe that Pac is going to KO one of the best defensive fighters in the game today? Yeah ok.

Comment

Roach has been consistent with his comments about Mayweather declining for years. Saying it's mind games is nonsense he genuinely believes it.

Comment

He's been saying Mayweather's legs are shot for 5 years.

Roach is being a good trainer sticking by his guy but every now and then he says stuff that makes me think he isn't too confident.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                The situation has never been 95:5, and still isn't.
                I think Mayweather would have utterly dominated Pac 5 years ago, to me it was never a remotely close fight.

It's clear that neither guy is what they were back then, It's a much, much closer fight than it would have been.

Comment

Roach has been saying this for a long time because it's true. Floyd still has stamina to move for 12 but his movement isn't what it used to be. I think Pacquiao will be able to tag Floyd a lot and force him to stand his ground and trade more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                    If grustler gets a hold of this, he will surely use this as his sig in big bold letters.

May 3rd 80% of Floyd fans will use Floyd legs was shot as an excuse for the lost, and forget all other Roaches statement.
                    My son always talks me up when I am not around. Sounds to me why they ducked the fight 5 years ago.

Comment

I completely disagree with this. I believe mayweather will win now but 5 years ago I would lean towards pacquiao. Pacquiao's declination will be more detrimental in this fight as he relies more on physical aspects than mayweather who has more ring smarts and is more adaptive.

Comment

Working...
                      X