Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm late, but the Ghost rather impressive vs Berto no?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    knockdown was kind of dirty though whole fight was really still props to Robert Guerrero for winning but that fight needs a rematch

I know you hate Berto and all but don't let the hate blind you
    Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I don't even know what fights some people watch on this site. At no point did Guerrero look like he would get stopped, and Berto was gassed because Guerrero was kicking his ass.
    Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    he gave berto an old fashioned ass whippin.
    Yeah Phenom, I saw the fight Dunn & Jangles saw. The Ghost imposing himself on Berto all night. Did Berto land?? You betcha, but they had almost no effect on the Ghost.

Comment

I agree.

Guererro has had a very impressive year and I personally wouldn't mind the Guererro fight at all for Mayweather and in my mind, I'd prefer to to Mayweather-Canelo. Guererro has earned it.

In the mean time, Canelo can earn his fight with Mayweather by fighting Trout on May 4th and the winner can fight Mayweather in September.

Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I agree.

Guererro has had a very impressive year and I personally wouldn't mind the Guererro fight at all for Mayweather and in my mind, I'd prefer to to Mayweather-Canelo. Guererro has earned it.

In the mean time, Canelo can earn his fight with Mayweather by fighting Trout on May 4th and the winner can fight Mayweather in September.

Perfect.
        I agree 100%!

Comment

Oh I was also surpriced with his lack of ability to adapt to the uppercut. I was thinking holy shit Robert you're going to get caught with an uppercut that will eventually hurt you. I was glad it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
            Oh I was also surpriced with his lack of ability to adapt to the uppercut. I was thinking holy shit Robert you're going to get caught with an uppercut that will eventually hurt you. I was glad it didn't happen.
            Is that right?? Because frankly I thought he simply had no care for the uppercut which is why he fought like he did. Because quite frankly I do not recall ever seeing the Ghost fight almost exclusively inside. He usually fights from a distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Is that right?? Because frankly I thought he simply had no care for the uppercut which is why he fought like he did. Because quite frankly I do not recall ever seeing the Ghost fight almost exclusively inside. He usually fights from a distance.
              That's what I thought.

I thought Guererro would win, only way I saw him losing was if Berto landed a good shot and hurt him.

But, I expected him to outbox him from the outside. Never did I think he would bully him on the inside and beat him up and push and shove him against the ropes and rip in body shots. I was very surprised by that.

Round about the 8th and 9th round I was screaming at my Television for him to box, I was getting worried Berto would land something that badly hurt him.

Guererro showed another side of his game. His inside fighting and aggressiveness was impressive. He's a versatile fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                He tried roughing up Salido so yeah he has.

Regardless of not caring, he still could have taken less punches. He did nothing to deflect or even partially block those uppercuts, it was scary sometimes how hard Berto landed. I think eventually you have to care about your own safety. I don't think Williams or Pacquiao thought they could get KOd with a single punch but it can happen specially being careless.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                  He tried roughing up Salido so yeah he has.

Regardless of not caring, he still could have taken less punches. He did nothing to deflect or even partially block those uppercuts, it was scary sometimes how hard Berto landed. I think eventually you have to care about your own safety. I don't think Williams or Pacquiao thought they could get KOd with a single punch but it can happen specially being careless.
                  The thing is it's obvious to me that Berto didn't land hard enough to really bother him is the point I'm getting at. The Ghost took Berto's power & seemed to not give a hoot as he walked him down, backed him up, smothered him & straight draped him up something fierce.

Comment

i always knew he'd beat berto

Comment

Not a fan of all the mauling and blatant fouls but he did show grit and toughness

Comment

Working...
                      X