No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns: New Trainer Has Made Me More Hungry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns: New Trainer Has Made Me More Hungry

Ricky Burns has been handed a route back to world title level with a WBC eliminator.

The Scot will take on unbeaten Montenegrin Dejan Zlaticanin on June 27 in Glasgow after the WBC approved the fight for the international lightweight title. It will double as an official eliminator for the world title.

The main belt is currently held by Omar Figueroa, who has been ordered to defend it against fellow Mexican Daniel Estrada in the coming months.

Burns conceded his WBO title in March when he lost in a unanimous points decision to unbeaten American Terence Crawford.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Maybe he'll get the nerve to fight outside of the UK, but I doubt it. He wants to get fat on home cooking, but even that isn't getting the job done any more. How does he plan to be a WORLD champ, never leave home, and get respect? That cany Scott thing is getting old, it's like he wants to lure a title into his lair, pull a fast hit and run, then tie the whole thing up in Scotland. I'm not saying anything bad about Scotland, just that the apron strings are hard to cut.

Comment

Im Scottish and Ricky has done well but you have a point look at Carl Froch he traveled all over the world taking on the BEST and everyone classes him a true warrior but Burns has he ever fouhgt outside of Scotland ? i understand his fanbase is STRONG up here but Corelone above is RIGHT Ricky should show hunger and go wherever the big fights take him you know the score SKILLS PAY THE BILLS and there is NO SHAME in losing to Crawford

Good luck to BURNS

Comment

Working...
      X