Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silva-Weidman II Confirmed for Dec.28th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm picking Silva by TKO, late first after getting back to his feet from a takedown or second, after a feeling out round and making adjustments. This is the wake up call Silva needed. There's no way he wants a bad loss like that to end his career and be his legacy.

Between this and the Rousey-Tate rematch, should be a hell of a card.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
      Don't get me wrong Silva is in the fight, but people are deceiving themselves thinking that Silva through away the first fight. Weidman dominated him, Silva did very little effective work in the entire fight. Weidman will beat him again, mark my words.
      Silva handled Weidman pretty well when he got taken down. And then he stuffed Weidman's 2nd takedown attempt. In the standup Silva was just goofing around. Letting Weidman hit him without countering. I see Silva being more aggressive in the 2nd fight and being even better at stuffing Weidman's takedown's after watching the first fight to see how he was taken down.

I picked Weidman the first fight but that's because I thought he was going to GnP him to a tko. But after seeing how Silva was able to handle that I think the 2nd fight will be a standup battle which Silva will win easier this time knowing Weidman's power.

Comment

i think weidman will ko him again

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
          Silva handled Weidman pretty well when he got taken down. And then he stuffed Weidman's 2nd takedown attempt. In the standup Silva was just goofing around. Letting Weidman hit him without countering. I see Silva being more aggressive in the 2nd fight and being even better at stuffing Weidman's takedown's after watching the first fight to see how he was taken down.

I picked Weidman the first fight but that's because I thought he was going to GnP him to a tko. But after seeing how Silva was able to handle that I think the 2nd fight will be a standup battle which Silva will win easier this time knowing Weidman's power.
          I agree that standup will be an important factor. I think Weidman has good standup, and that he is able to hold his own. But that is certainly a dangerous game against the likes of Silva. I actually think this fight is essentially 50/50. I was just being rhetorical with the "Weidman wins, mark my words." But, I think Weidman does have a decent shot to repeat.

Comment

Everyone knows Weidmann is going to loss. Silva will get it right this time. I prefer watching Bellator much more over UFC.

Comment

Silva canīt avoid nor take Weidman punches so it is obvious. That left hook is gonna rock him again.

Comment

Should be the biggest MMA fight in quite a while. The juices weren't flowing for Silva in that first fight. Could be he got old overnight, he got hurt during the takedown...or he was plain just not into it. Weidman is a strong dude though...but Silva did look comfortable in the second round...too comfortable obviously.

Comment

Silva will come out in beast mode he is going to hurt Chris very badly.

Comment

Silva will fight with his hands up for the first time in years and Weidman will get savagely bodied.

Comment

Working...
                    X