Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves To Eddie Hearn: I'm Not Your Whore!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Groves To Eddie Hearn: I'm Not Your Whore!

George Groves erupted over the statements that were made by his former promoter, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing. Hearn is very interested in making a rematch between Groves and Olympic gold medal winner James DeGale. Several years ago, Groves handed DeGale his first and only career defeat with a close twelve round decision.

Hearn had suggested an even 50-50 split for rematch, which Groves feels is an insult. Last year, Groves had 80,000 fans present for his rematch with Carl Froch. Groves is the mandatory challenger to WBC champion Anthony Dirrell, while DeGale is mandatory to Froch, who likely won't fight the once beaten boxer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looking forward to seeing ugly kid getting stopped again.

Comment

You're already Carl Froch's whore.

And now you can go to America and be Al Haymon's whore for 15%

Comment

The only reason why I never wanted Groves to lose is so he remains relevant enough for Chunky to mess him up in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          You're already Carl Froch's whore.

And now you can go to America and be Al Haymon's whore for 15%
          The one thing you got to hand Groves is he is a smart businessman. He manages himself, how many boxers can say that? Changing trainers before a World title challenge. He seems like a very prudent individual.

Comment

I had groves beating degale by a point. If he shows up in the same way he did for the first froch fight he'll probably beat degale again. But the degale of late has had two decent performances so i wouldn't be suprised if he put george on his ass

Comment

Groves is negotiating through the media. He knows Hearn doesn't want Degale to fight the slick Andre Dirrell.
              I also don't think Groves is too keen on fighting Anthony either LOL!

Comment

groves, you're a childish fool

Comment

title made me chuckle

Comment

What makes Groves think that a 50-50 purse split is an insult. Both he and DeGale hold mandatory challenger positions right now and even though Groves took debatable decisions in their previous meetings, one in the amateurs, one in the pros, George got stopped twice by Froch in title tries and is now the guy with something to prove. Their history means a 50-50 split would be just right but should they meet again there's no doubt the bookies here would mark up DeGale as a pretty strong favourite, and with sound reason. The Olympic gold medallist's development has stuttered along the way but he's now realising his full potential.

Comment

Working...
                    X