Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Martinez fight Macklin/Andy Lee or Pirog in Russia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    warren in court testimony disproved that claim. keep trying to rewrite history. if you keep lying maybe it will make it true.
    You are the one that's lying.

Comment

how do you think hed do against brad pitt?

Comment

fight pirog but in the states you dont want a hometown robbery.

Comment

If Dibella can pull off the "Martinez vs Felix Sturm and Macklin vs Andy Lee in Madison Square Garden" plan he was talking about, I rather see that. Or even Martinez vs Sturm in Germany. In general I rather see Martinez vs Macklin than Martinez vs Pirog, but if they can really make a big Martinez vs Pirog megafight in Russia with a giant crowd, that would be a heck of a lot more interesting than Martinez vs Macklin in an empty Boardwalk Hall. I'm not sure if Pirog can really attract much of a crowd even in Russia though. And I obviously rather see Pirog than Lee, but Martinez seems amendment about not wanting Lee in that one interview, so that shouldn't be much of a problem anyway. And there's the fights at 154...

I seriously don't want to be sounding anti-Pirog. He has a ton potential to be something special, but I just think that it's too soon. Right now, Martinez vs Pirog is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Pirog should be built up with some actual contenders on his resume first so he could become a credible threat. Martinez could have a meaningless fight with Pirog right now or he could have a big properly built up fight with Pirog that could potentially be something special at a future date. I prefer the latter.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-10-2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            You are the one that's lying.
            read the court transcripts. warren's lies got exposed because he was under oath. calzaghe himself said "i dont want tough fights" so why is this surprising? they used hopkins name to promote calzaghe and get more bum fights on showtime.

all you ever say is hopkins turned down a career high payday which in itself is true but when you look at the context of the offer it's clear it was not serious if hopkins had to go to wales and calzaghe takes the lion's share. no p4p fighter would ever accept that against an unknown.
            Last edited by daggum; 10-10-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I picked Pirog in Russia but is this really a feasible option? I'm not trying to knock Russia but from what I've read and heard business there is rife with corruption and organized crime. Would DiBella be able to negotiate that good of a payday as the TS has stated? - I don't know....

On the other hand, Russia seems to be embracing boxing and its fighters. Roy Jones recently fought there against Lebedev and Evander Holyfield fought in Russia against Sultan Ibragimov not too long ago. Those guys seemed to get a fair shake so maybe Martinez can as well...

Also, is the Martinez-Pirog fight in Russia being talked about or is it just an idea by the TS?

Comment

Look at the poll numbers. lmfao

Since he knocked out Williams, Sergio has been getting by on pure sexiness alone. Pirog is really the best challenge he has now and if he doesn't fight him by next year, you know there's some avoiding going on. I know Pirog wants this fight.

I could careless where they fight, I just want to see Martinez take on a top quality fighter. I think Pirog has a good chance in this one.

Comment

The only way I'll excuse Martinez for not fighting Pirog is if he chases a fight with Mayweather or Pacquaio. You can't fault the guy for trying to get that one huge career payday fight - especially at his age.

Comment

How on earth could this fight generate more in Russia

He made 1.5 million in his last fight, no way does he make that in russia without HBO

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      read the court transcripts. warren's lies got exposed because he was under oath. calzaghe himself said "i dont want tough fights" so why is this surprising? they used hopkins name to promote calzaghe and get more bum fights on showtime.

all you ever say is hopkins turned down a career high payday which in itself is true but when you look at the context of the offer it's clear it was not serious if hopkins had to go to wales and calzaghe takes the lion's share. no p4p fighter would ever accept that against an unknown.
                      Read them and you are indeed lying.

Comment

Working...
                      X