No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Ends His HBO Run This Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    It doesn't feel like a big fight if Merchant isn't commentating.

Kellerman makes everything feel like a B.A.D. event.
    Agreed, but Max will grow into the role I think. As long as he can keep Roy from just shouting the same thing over and over during fights he should be fine "Marquez is hurt! He's hurt! Marquez is hurt! I told y'all, he's hurt!" or "He had better be careful cause the hammer trying to hammer him! The hammer gonna hurt him!" and another gem from the 6th round of the Marquez/Pacman fight "Marques aint catching him with that shot again. He aint catching him and aint knocking him down. Manny is more dangerous now." Anywho, I would love to know some contact info for Larry to personally thank him for the lifetime of great boxing memories he was a part of (if anyone knows one please pm me. I would greatly appreciate it). I understand the kids here who dont like him, most of you dont know anything about anything that wasnt within the last 5 to 10 years, so nobody cares what you think. If the old dogs that have been around dont like Larry I can respect that, but respectfully disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      He was just getting hateful, not sad at all that he is stepping away. I wish him the best.

Roy, Jim, and Max will do just fine without him.
      This, it's about time

Comment

Kellerman and Lampley are beta who crawl up the backsides of fighters like cheerleaders.

Larry, even at 80, was alpha. He'd say what was his on his mind with no sugar-coating regardless of whether it was what his paymasters wanted to hear.

Comment

good riddance really.

Comment

Larry is a legend.........smh at these posts dissing the guy. The man has forgotten more about boxing than anyone on here has experienced in life. It's not going to take long before people are wishing he was back on the network.....a true legend indeed....little senile but a cool old man.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppapump View Post
              larry merchant will end his unprecedented 35-year run as a ringside boxing commentator for hbo sports with the season finale of world championship boxing® this saturday night (9:30 p.m. Et/pt) from houston. Following the telecast, merchant will be moving into another phase of his wide-ranging career.

[click here to read more]
              boomer!!! Sooner!!!

Comment

About time!!

Max kellerman does much better job, this old fart needed to be gone 10 years ago.

Comment

Kellerman does a better job in my opinion even tho he makes everything over-dramatic but still its an end of an era. No lie I'm gonna actually miss him

Comment

Let the door knob hit ya where.... Good riddance!

Comment

All you **** talking ***** know you're going to miss him.

Comment

Working...
                      X