No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado-Mauricio Herrera To Open Gamboa-Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado-Mauricio Herrera To Open Gamboa-Rios

According to Top Rank's VP, Carl Morretti, junior welterweight Mike Alvarado (32-0, 23KOs) will face Mauricio Herrera (18-1, 7KOs) on April 14th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Alvarado returns from last November's thrilling tenth round knockout of Breidis Prescott, whille Herrera is riding a big run which includes wins over Mike Dallas Jr. and Ruslan Provodnikov.

[Click Here To Read More]

Very nice fight IMO.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM.

Mike Alvarado-Mauricio Herrera will open up Rios-Gamboa

Carl Moretti ‏ @CarlMoretti
    More leather flying on April 14...Mike Alvarado & Mauricio Hererra to open up #RiosGamboa....#dontwearwhiteringside

Very nice fight IMO.

Comment

April 14 is really shaping up to be a great night of boxing folks.

Comment

Great fight. Herrera is one of the top 140 lb contenders. He also beat Dallas Jr and Provodnikov. If Alvarado beats him, I hope he gets a title shot. That'll be 3 wins over rated 140 lb fighters in Narh, Prescott, and Herrera.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          Great fight. Herrera is one of the top 140 lb contenders. He also beat Dallas Jr and Provodnikov. If Alvarado beats him, I hope he gets a title shot. That'll be 3 wins over rated 140 lb fighters in Narh, Prescott, and Herrera.
          I Think Mile High wins a tough fight.

Hopefully he does get a title shot.

Comment

solid undercard, april 14th is gonna be a very fun night of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              I Think Mile High wins a tough fight.

Hopefully he does get a title shot.
              Is Bradley vacating the WBO title??? Alvarado is ranked high in the WBO and could fight for a vacant title if Bradley vacates. Also, he could fight the Morales-Garcia winner for the WBC title, or Lamont Peterson for the WBA & IBF titles if Peterson beats Khan.

Or he could fight the Soto-Matthysse winner as well.

Hopefully Alvarado gets through Herrera. Prescott was beating him pretty good the first 4 rounds, the 5th was close, and rounds 6-8 Alvarado took over. The 9th was close again, and Alvarado knocked him out in the 10th. He was down on the cards, but he weathered Prescott's storm and showed a ton of heart and determination in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                Is Bradley vacating the WBO title??? Alvarado is ranked high in the WBO and could fight for a vacant title if Bradley vacates. Also, he could fight the Morales-Garcia winner for the WBC title, or Lamont Peterson for the WBA & IBF titles if Peterson beats Khan.

Or he could fight the Soto-Matthysse winner as well.

Hopefully Alvarado gets through Herrera. Prescott was beating him pretty good the first 4 rounds, the 5th was close, and rounds 6-8 Alvarado took over. The 9th was close again, and Alvarado knocked him out in the 10th. He was down on the cards, but he weathered Prescott's storm and showed a ton of heart and determination in that fight.

Now Herrera should have loss to Dallas IMO.

Herrera lacks the power to keep Mike at bay. He could do that to Provo because he freezes when even when a light puncher throws on him.

We've seen Mike trade against bigger punchers. I think Alvarado gets to Herrera to get a late TKO or UD.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado-Mauricio Herrera To Open Gamboa-Rios

According to Top Rank's VP, Carl Morretti, junior welterweight Mike Alvarado (32-0, 23KOs) will face Mauricio Herrera (18-1, 7KOs) on April 14th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Alvarado returns from last November's thrilling tenth round knockout of Breidis Prescott, whille Herrera is riding a big run which includes wins over Mike Dallas Jr. and Ruslan Provodnikov.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I was hoping alvarado would fight the russian guy,But herrera did beat
                    him,So i guess its a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X