Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Athletic Commission prevents fight between Andy Ruiz and old Michael Grant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grant would have gotten a nice little payday for his old age out of this. It should be up to him whether he fights or not.

Shouldn't he have the "Freedom" to make that choice for himself?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Grant would have gotten a nice little payday for his old age out of this. It should be up to him whether he fights or not.

you're an idiot. he clearly doesn't have that freedom, do you think he wants to fight? the last 5 fights he has looked absolutely terrified of getting hit.
      he's doing it because he's obviously desperate for money.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        do you think he wants to fight?
        I assume he does, it's not like someone is forcing him at gunpoint to step in the ring.

As long as he can pass his medicals I see no problem with him fighting if that's what he wants to do.

Comment

I agree in general. It's his body, if he wants to get his brains bashed in, that's his business - the same way I don't care if people smoke or take drugs - they can do whatever they like. But I never have a problem with stuff like this. When fighters fight they are actually placing themselves in the care of the commission of where they fight and if that commission looks at their history and doesn't like what they see, they should have the freedom to refuse to have to watch after that particular fighter imo.

Comment

Man has Ruiz disappointed me. I could've sworn he was on his way to at least an eliminator match for a belt. What the hell is he doing?!

Comment

i mis-read the thread title as 'doesnt prevent' great job California commission

Comment

Don't you have any concern for an old man's health?

Comment

Originally posted by jypehob View Post
                  Man has Ruiz disappointed me. I could've sworn he was on his way to at least an eliminator match for a belt. What the hell is he doing?!
                  Hometown buffet happened

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Hometown buffet happened
                    Except he was already fat. I think the Liakhovich fight made him start doubting himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X