No announcement yet.

To those who say boxing should come 1st and health and money doesnt matter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    didn't paul williams injured himself in a motorcycle accident? what does have to do with boxing? is not like he got crippled after a bad beating during a match
    Exactly I don't know how this is relevant he had a tragic accident but it had nothing to do with boxing.

These guys are risking their lives regardless and do it because of the money. Considering the fans are the only reason they get paid in the first place there's nothing wrong with demanding they make better fights. Obviously they have the right to fight whoever they want and if they're able to make big money taking "safer" fights more power to them. Doesn't mean as fans we can't demand more, specially if we're the ones contributing to their lavish lifestyles.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      How many of you have reached out to Paul Williams Or Benitez lately?? these guys left it all in the ring...are ya'll looking out for them now Hell Paul Williams manager left his contact info online a few days ago..i wrote him....did you????????????
      Why do you support boxing at all? It's a dangerous sport about hurting your opponent. Boxing is not much different than the roman gladiator games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
        Exactly I don't know how this is relevant he had a tragic accident but it had nothing to do with boxing.

These guys are risking their lives regardless and do it because of the money. Considering the fans are the only reason they get paid in the first place there's nothing wrong with demanding they make better fights. Obviously they have the right to fight whoever they want and if they're able to make big money taking "safer" fights more power to them. Doesn't mean as fans we can't demand more, specially if we're the ones contributing to their lavish lifestyles.
        Funny thing is, ts is a career criminal who makes other peoples lives miserable. But we're supposed to believe he cares about the health and safety of people who choose to be in boxing? Lo ****ing l.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post

i couldn't have said it better, good post

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
            Funny thing is, ts is a career criminal who makes other peoples lives miserable. But we're supposed to believe he cares about the health and safety of people who choose to be in boxing? Lo ****ing l.
            he also runs multiple alt accounts to turn people red.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned I've help contribute to the earnings of plenty of boxers. HBO and Showtime isn't free. I have to pay for that. I buy ppv events. I go to boxing fights in New York and New Jersey. I'm putting money in Their pockets. I have a right to be satisfied or upset with whatever is happening in boxing. So If a guy is being a duck I'll say he is. He doesn't fight his hardest, I'll say he didn't. And wont feel bad because I'm holding up my end of the bargain.
              Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 04-21-2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

We're all going to die.

If you have a chance at history, you take it.

Also, what does boxing have to do with being in a motorcycle accident?

Comment

We as fans are the reason why these fighters are paid a ridiculous amount so your welcome. Larold don't blame us fans that want better fights blame the promoters and athletic commissions that allow fighters past prime to contumely to fight.
                  Larold just trying to justify Floyd's safety first philosophy as a way of ducking his biggest challenges.

Comment

I don't have an issue with people wanting to see better fights.

I do have an issue with people who obsess over one boxer "ducking" another boxer and centering a significant portion of their lives to ridicule said boxer in every thread even if the thread doesn't concern them.

Those people in several years time will realize how herbish they are when they look back and realize they devoted a piece of their identity and time to obsessing and ridiculing someone with "facts" that they will never even know the whole truth about on a situation that is so misconstrued from all angles.

Kinda sad I think. That applies to both Floyd and Manny worshippers. Let go of the keyboard and realize that you will never be Ellerbe or Buboy.

Comment

I understand fighter protecting their health and wanting money, but this is a dangerous sport. As a fan, I want to see the best match ups, and if you don't want to fight the best for whatever reason, get out.

Comment

Working...
                      X