Collapse
No announcement yet.

favorite commentators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found the FNF and SHO crew does less gossiping about fighters personal lives than HBO

lampley stands out in my mind as the rambling village idiot

Comment

i like all the fighters who commentate. either i think they're unintentionally funny or they just know what they're talking about. right now i have to say paulie is my favorite.

Comment

Jim Lampley is the greatest play-by-play man of all-time in my opinion. He brings a great deal of excitement to every telecast that he's a part of. I always loved the balance he brought to Larry Merchant's sardonic interjections.

Of the newer batch, I enjoy Paulie Malignaggi's analysis, he's loquacious but doesn't waste words.

I'm really glad that Showtime brought back Barry Tompkins. It's good to hear him back calling relevant fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
          Jim Lampley is the greatest play-by-play man of all-time in my opinion. He brings a great deal of excitement to every telecast that he's a part of. I always loved the balance he brought to Larry Merchant's sardonic interjections.

Of the newer batch, I enjoy Paulie Malignaggi's analysis, he's loquacious but doesn't waste words.

I'm really glad that Showtime brought back Barry Tompkins. It's good to hear him back calling relevant fights.
          I do give Jim credit for bring entertaining. I also feel he's very biased. He was weeping when JMM KO'd Pac for example. He does to a good job making the blow by blow exciting. I'll give him that.

Comment

I always enjoy Al Bernstein....He's very good.

Comment

I use to think roy jones was the best,, but last night he was saying some dumb crap,,,

"think all those fights with bowe, holyfield, lewis, and tyson,, but this era has more skill" like what the F#ck are you talking about

Comment

Don Dunphy.....................thats a while back but compared to todays idiots he was fantastic. He was the Vince Scully of boxing. This Lampshade moron thinks he see's right "crosses" all the time. Let me tell everyone there are so FEW crosses thrown in boxing it isn't funny!!! The guy is most impressed with blood and is ready to stop a fight before it begins!! Even Bernstein is superior to that guy. I remember Bernstein when espn gave him the shot when we used to do the first espn shows at the Ice Palace in Totawa N.J. what a dump! Al atleast learned the punches and then actually studied his fight commentary and improved greatly as the years went by.
                Between Lamphead and Lil Goober and poor Roy Jones making believe he's Ray Leonard the audio is shut off at my house, their horrible!!! Ray.

Comment

Jim Watt is the greatest play-by-play man of all-time in my opinion. He brings a great deal of excitement to every telecast that he's a part of. I always loved the balance he brought to Nick Halling's sardonic interjections.

Of the newer batch, I enjoy Johnny Nelson's analysis, he's loquacious but doesn't waste words.

I'm really glad that Sky brought back Richie Woodhall. It's good to hear him back calling relevant fights.

Comment

Al Bernstein and Paulie

Comment

None, they all nuthug. I like Ward though

Comment

Working...
                      X