No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Canelo Could Break PPV Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Schaefer, well done, thumbs up

Excellent fight, pay-per-view will do very good as far as breaking the record of 2.4 million buys, it's possible, but I don't care I'm just excited to see this fight. Now I hope they have a very good co-main event. Mares vs Rigo would be awesome, wishful thinking.

Comment

C'mon Schaefer, you can't even officially release the numbers from the fight 3 weeks ago and now you're talking about breaking PPV records for a fight in September. This fight should do really well but I don't see it breaking any PPV records let alone 2 mil. I'm excited about this fight alone and could care less what it does PPV wise.

Comment

Schaeffer's crazy. There's no way on Earth this fight breaks the record. Canelo is basically the right guy at the right time. He's not some out of this world level talent, but he's among the best @ 154, and has a big enough name to fight Floyd.

Simple and plain. Let's not hype this fight up like it's Duran/Leonard.

Comment

I doubt it. Canelo has yet to headline a PPV himself. For Oscar/Floyd, Oscar was already a PPV juggernaut and Floyd was already known in the United States because of Dancing with the Stars. The only people who know Canelo are boxing fans and Mexicans. It'll do 1.5-1.8+ million but it won't go past 2 million. Only Pac/Floyd had the aura of beating Oscar/Floyd because both were PPV juggernauts.

Comment

Mayweather Canelo will do between 1.5 -1.8 mil
            Last edited by MrClutch85; 05-30-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

The rematch in May 2014 will def break PPV numbers.

Comment

Cotto got 1.5 million peak viewers against an unknown Trout. Canelo got 1 million peak viewers against a known Trout riding a Cotto win. Is Mayweather-Canelo even bigger than Mayweather-Cotto, let alone Mayweather-Hoya?

Comment

Doubt it. For a fight like this the undercard doesn't even really matter. But cAnelo isn't big enough to get this the record. And it was the first time they did 24/7 with great promotion

Comment

the ginger isn't a big enough star to make this break records.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      Cotto got 1.5 million peak viewers against an unknown Trout. Canelo got 1 million peak viewers against a known Trout riding a Cotto win. Is Mayweather-Canelo even bigger than Mayweather-Cotto, let alone Mayweather-Hoya?
                      does peak viewers automatically translate to ppv buys?

Comment

Working...
                      X