Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magomed Abdusalamov will fight on the April 27 Martinez-Murray event in Argentina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magomed Abdusalamov will fight on the April 27 Martinez-Murray event in Argentina

Magomed Abdusalamov (17-0, 17 KO) will be fighting Sebastian Ignacio Ceballos (33-7-2, 25 KOs) on the card with Murray-Martinez in Argentina on April 27.

http://www.***************.net/news/...undercard.html

Like Magomed's last opponent Bisbal, Ceballos has a strong amateur background.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:256235

Amateur credentials: 164 fights (114 wins - 30 losses - 20 draws)

Argentine National Champion (8 times)

1997 - Panamerican Games (Junior) - Silver Medal.
    1997 - South American Games (Junior) - Gold Medal.
    1998 - Panamerican Games (-19 years) - Silver Medal. Lost final fight against Odlanier Solis.
    1998 - World Championship (Junior) - Silver Medal. Lost the final against Odlanier Solis.
    1999 - International Tournament - Cuba - Bronze Medal.
    2000 - International Tournament - USA - Gold Medal.
    2000 - International Tournament Batalla de Carabobo - Venezuela - Gold Medal.
    2000 - South American Games - Gold Medal.
    2002 - International Tournament Ciudad de La Habana - Cuba - Gold Medal.
    2002 - International Tournament Ciudad Lisa - Cuba - Bronze Medal.
    2003 - Pre Panamerican Games - Brazil - Bronze Medal.
    2003 - International Tournament Ciudad de La Paz - Mexico - Silver Medal.
    2003 - Pre Panamerican Games - Colombia - Silver Medal.
    2003 - Panamerican Games - Dominican Republic - Bronze Medal. Lost semi final against Jason Estrada.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 03-11-2013, 06:40 PM.

Wow... 2nd fight in a month.

Comment

Hmm fat boy better start working on his stamina before he gets KTFO. Gonna have to look up this Ceballos guy and see how he looks.

42 fights and 25 KOs might he enough to pull off the upset vs leaky D and bad stamina.

Props to Mago for staying active tho.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Hmm fat boy better start working on his stamina before he gets KTFO. Gonna have to look up this Ceballos guy and see how he looks.

42 fights and 25 KOs might he enough to pull off the upset vs leaky D and bad stamina.

Haven't seen him fight, but looking at his record, he's a homeboy who fought mostly Argentinian fighters.
        I think Mr. Magoo isn't going to improve much of that and is a KO waiting to happen... but he's entertaining in a sloppy way

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
          Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Haven't seen him fight, but looking at his record, he's a homeboy who fought mostly Argentinian fighters.
          I think Mr. Magoo isn't going to improve much of that and is a KO waiting to happen... but he's entertaining in a sloppy way
          Yea but here's the thing, Mago isn't that good either. This is the HWs too, one punch can end it all. All this Argentine has to do is survive the early onslaught let Mago tire out then cap him.

Comment

Magomed's stamina isn't that bad considering he throws a lot of hard punches.

But his defense is nearly non-existent, he blocks punches with his face. That means he'll be KOed when he fights some of the harder-punching heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Magomed's stamina isn't that bad considering he throws a lot of hard punches.

But his defense is nearly non-existent, he blocks punches with his face. That means he'll be KOed when he fights some of the harder-punching heavyweights.
              Man Idk. Last Friday I tuned in during the 2nd round and I thought they were in the 6th by the way these guys (BOTH of them) were looking. Then I looked down and realized it was only the 2nd...

Comment

Man Idk. Last Friday I tuned in during the 2nd round and I thought they were in the 6th by the way these guys (BOTH of them) were looking. Then I looked down and realized it was only the 2nd...
                Yes, but when Bisbal slowed down in the 4th and 5th Mago able to turn it up a notch and get him out of there. I think Mago was looking fatigued in round 2 partly because he was taking some flush hard punches at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Yes, but when Bisbal slowed down in the 4th and 5th Mago able to turn it up a notch and get him out of there. I think Mago was looking fatigued in round 2 partly because he was taking some flush hard punches at that point.
                  Well, in that case you have a point there.

Comment

Magomed is unlikely to ever win a world title, but he sure is fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X