No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lampley: Showtime’s Worked to Get Floyd for Long Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Known in advance” lol. Must be referring to anyone at 147 and below over the last few years.

We get it, Floyd needs to fight the MW Champion of the World.
    Yes its just not fair that a WW fight WWs , Floyd j just CW the MWs and then then CW the LHWs , Floyds not smart like Manny was he should CW the **** out of them as the average fan is oblivious to CWs so Floyd should take advantage of that like Manny did .

Comment

HBO has a lot more subscribers than Showtime and Floyd fighting his PPVs under their banner is not going to move that needle.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I thought the same thing. Which fighter, excluding Martinez, will not be thought of as a win for Floyd from 140-154? That's pretty much the ultimate excuse to give Floyd no credit at all for any win. Just plant that seed there, known in advance, which coincidentally refers to any fighter within 140-154, which Floyd will most likely fight at for the rest of his career.
        Yeah, it's sad but nothing new. However it comes with the territory when playing the bad guy.

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        what do you expect from Jim. He's an HBO guy.
        Well to be fair, Jim wasn't quoted as saying known in advance but I know what you're saying.

Comment

Lamply's an over-rated announcer, not close to Showtime guys or Dunpghy...I always drown the sound on HBO when he's on as he's 2 partial 2 whomever he/HBO likes...

Comment

HBO is much better, but hey you still had BRONER.

Comment

Floyd is gonna get a bunch of easy paydays with showtime.... showtime is getting milked nasty

Comment

And who's next on line for Floydie, Canelo NOT!

Comment

Love how the flow moes try to pretend they don't know mayweather ducked Pac Margarito ect for years and is now fighting another lightweight instead of 154 pound fighters like trout canelo ect where he is champ. Keep knob slobbing homies

Comment

For me I always felt that hbo was the boxing network and Jim is right about that does anybody on this forum really believe mayweather will fight 6 times in 30 months I don't think so also I'm really surprised that he's fighting Guerrero I mean for him and the way he likes to cherry pick I don't know why he didn't pursue pacquiao at this point to me Guerrero poses a bigger threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      Love how the flow moes try to pretend they don't know mayweather ducked Pac Margarito ect for years and is now fighting another lightweight instead of 154 pound fighters like trout canelo ect where he is champ. Keep knob slobbing homies
                      I hear you man I'm a fan of Floyd and it disgusts me sometimes the way he cherry picks I mean lets face it he's gonna stay at welterweight even cotto is a blown up welterweight he don't want no parts of them jmw's but let me tell you be gonna have his hands full with Guerrero don't get it twisted he's comin to fight he's gonna pressure mayweather all night I think a lot of fans are looking past him and they shouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X