Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Ray Leonard not considered the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
    IMO he should get more recognition at the best ever. Ray was a master in the ring. Please give me a reason why he is not the GOAT
    The same reason Roy is not in that talk. Because it's out of respect to the great fighters of yester year.

Comment

• @ Vinnie Paz being used to justify Roy Jones' greatness.

Good lord.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        @ Vinnie Paz being used to justify Roy Jones' greatness.

Good lord.
        Who mentioned Vinny Paz?

But just to again point out the lack of depth Vinny Paz would arguable be a top 10 win for SRL, Vinny isn't even a top 20 win for Roy

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          oh here we go with the natural light heavyweight stuff again. So hopkins was fighting weight drained for 10+ years? Impressive stuff! So weight drained he would weigh in at 156 & 157 on a regular basis.
          i might b wrong but didnt hopkins take up boxing when he was in prison which suggests he didnt have a amateur career so he wouldnt have a clue what his natural fighting weight was, so when he went into his first match at 175 he (or the trainer) must of realised it was the wrong weight n thts y he then took 18 months of so he could get his body used 2 making the 160 limit safely.

He made the right decision if u look at the career he had. (u seem 2 b a fan of hopkins so is tht correct about him having no amateur career etc)

Comment

• Hopkins had an amateur career, but it was all Pre-prison.

Comment

• I don't think SRL has a case to being the GOAT. He might have a case to being top 10 ATG but not the GOAT.

Only 3 men IMO have a case of being the GOAT. And, that is SRR, Greb, and Langford. I don't know who's the GOAT between those 3. But, for me those are the top 3.

I do think Duran is greater than SRL. I have SRL around the top 15 ATG. My list changes constantly. Sometimes it's just splitting hairs.

I will say that in terms of greatness Roy Jones doesn't come close to SRL.

And, I believe SRL beats Floyd Jr at 147. But, that's unfair to Floyd Jr. 147 is not Floyd Jr best weight-class, it's his 4th weight-class. So to match him up against IMO is a top 5 ATG NATURAL WW. It's quite unfair.

I will say there's isn't many if any fighters who could beat Floyd at 130. Where he's more naturally suited.

Comment

• Leonard was too inactive to be the greatest fighter EVER, in my opinion.

He's definitely one of the best fighters I've seen though.

A complete fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
                  i might b wrong but didnt hopkins take up boxing when he was in prison which suggests he didnt have a amateur career so he wouldnt have a clue what his natural fighting weight was, so when he went into his first match at 175 he (or the trainer) must of realised it was the wrong weight n thts y he then took 18 months of so he could get his body used 2 making the 160 limit safely.

He made the right decision if u look at the career he had. (u seem 2 b a fan of hopkins so is tht correct about him having no amateur career etc)
                  yes that would be the logical way of thinking about it, however we're dealing with djfagball, who's only purpose on this site is to discredit hopkins any chance he can get.

Timothy Bradley fought at 152 pounds in the amateurs, so I guess he's a true junior middleweight picking on junior welterweights. Right dj??

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    You don't think it's argubale that Leonard has the best 4 signature wins of all time?

Or you disagree with that he lacks depth compared to other greats?
                    This...........

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      This...........
                      Oh, I suppose.

I'd say he's up there, though. To some degree.

Duran, Hearns, Hagler and Benitez is pretty impressive.

Who you think the argument is between for the best 4 signiture wins of all time?

Comment

Working...
                      X