No announcement yet.

Miesha Tate said: I am not like ronda rousay at all in my life style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I am not like ronda rousay at all in my life style"

True. Ronda was busy as f#ck, Miesha ain't got **** too do lol.

Apparently she recently started a podcast. Haven't listened to it yet, but its in my queue so she's a lil more busy these days at least, but she's not gonna be in Expendables 5 probably either.

Originally posted by res View Post
    She's even talking about being able to stand with Holm.
    Thats a mistake if that ends up being her thought process or a big part of her strategy.

I do think Miesha is a whole different animal than Ronda & that just like in boxing where just cuz fighter A beats fighter B & fighter B beats fighter C, doesn't mean that fighter A beats fighter C thats the same in MMA & Miesha isn't likely to look as bad as Ronda did or even lose. Having said that I'm picking Holly.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Meisha doesn't think the victory was a "fluke" she believes that styles make fights and that wrestling works better against a boxer than judo. Meisha did a good job the last fight with Roussey but Roussey can outmuscle Tate thus taking away any wrestling leverage, techniques at miesha's disposal.

Meisha has the following to consider regarding Holm: Holm is a strong girl, big for the weight, Tate would have to really break her down on the mat. Thats a real problem for Tate...She would have to keep the fight on the mat.

Of course Holm will probably catch Tate. Tate has gotten drilled before but Holm is in a different league.

Holm will most likely put Miesha down softly with a nice combo...Miesha does have a lot of drive and could suprise! but she would have to peak and find a way to keep it on the mat... and not get muscled on the mat by the stronger Holly.
      No that's what you think lol. And I actually don't disagree. But what she's said is that Ronda fought foolishly not that she has the wrong style. She has also from the very beginning been saying stuff like "Well it just shows you can't underestimate anyone" . I'm telling you in one of her last interviews you can see that she already has the belt in her mind.

Comment

I think its safe to say womens MMA hasnt evolved as much as mens has, I would say its about where Mens was at when Chuck Liddel was champ. I see this fight being just like Liddell vs Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I think its safe to say womens MMA hasnt evolved as much as mens has, I would say its about where Mens was at when Chuck Liddel was champ. I see this fight being just like Liddell vs Ortiz.
          This is a professional Boxing champion not a talentless slugger like Chuck. In fact she has a higher level of striking skill than most of the men in there now.

Given how tiny the women's division is you could argue that with a professional Boxing champion, Two multi-time world Muay Thai champions, a Silver medal Olympic wrestler and a Bronze medal Judoka the women have more talent in proportional terms.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
            This is a professional Boxing champion not a talentless slugger like Chuck. In fact she has a higher level of striking skill than most of the men in there now.

Given how tiny the women's division is you could argue that with a professional Boxing champion, Two multi-time world Muay Thai champions, a Silver medal Olympic wrestler and a Bronze medal Judoka the women have more talent in proportional terms.
            Im not an MMA guru but yes I have to agree the womens credentials are really high but the point I tried to make really was they are not so much "MIXED" martial artist like the men are. Most of these women rely on 1 primary martial art like guys like Ortiz and Liddell. Guys nowadays come in well versed, you cant even say some guys have a better martial art game than another because they are coming in about equal. And if I am not mistaken wasnt Liddell a pro kick boxer? Not that it matters so much in terms of comparison but he had some decent stand up for an old MMA guy and learned to keep it on his feet where he was most comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              "I am not like ronda rousay at all in my life style"

True. Ronda was busy as f#ck, Miesha ain't got **** too do lol.

Apparently she recently started a podcast. Haven't listened to it yet, but its in my queue so she's a lil more busy these days at least, but she's not gonna be in Expendables 5 probably either.

Thats a mistake if that ends up being her thought process or a big part of her strategy.

I do think Miesha is a whole different animal than Ronda & that just like in boxing where just cuz fighter A beats fighter B & fighter B beats fighter C, doesn't mean that fighter A beats fighter C thats the same in MMA & Miesha isn't likely to look as bad as Ronda did or even lose. Having said that I'm picking Holly.
              Was wondering what happened to you panda, no wI know you have been hanging out with the mma crowd lol

Comment

Was wondering what happened to you panda, no wI know you have been hanging out with the mma crowd lol
                LOL nah. Actually was working from home til recently so got less time to bs on NSB with commuting & the mobile version of this site on my phone being a ad infested nightmare to use.

Comment

LOL nah. Actually was working from home til recently so got less time to bs on NSB with commuting & the mobile version of this site on my phone being a ad infested nightmare to use.
                  lol, the mobile version does suck! Im actually excited about this UFC card coming up thats why I have been trolling these parts. Holm and the Diaz bros are the only MMA fighters I will drop everything I am doing for except if I am watching a good boxing match...

Comment

lol, the mobile version does suck! Im actually excited about this UFC card coming up thats why I have been trolling these parts. Holm and the Diaz bros are the only MMA fighters I will drop everything I am doing for except if I am watching a good boxing match...
                    Outside of the Rousey fight I've found Holm to be boring to watch tbh. She's had some of the most uninteresting female fights I've seen in the UFC. But if you are just watching her as a former boxer than I understand.

Have you caught Conor McGregor yet? He's another boxing fan first MMA guy to watch imo.

Comment

Outside of the Rousey fight I've found Holm to be boring to watch tbh. She's had some of the most uninteresting female fights I've seen in the UFC. But if you are just watching her as a former boxer than I understand.

Have you caught Conor McGregor yet? He's another boxing fan first MMA guy to watch imo.
                      Her previous fights before Rousey were kinda yawn worthy because I think in MMA boxers have to kinda pull back on the punch or risk getting taken down but if she uses her feet more and sets up on the fly, shell be super exciting for the UFC. & yeah I have seen Mcgregor, hes ok, just dont like the hype. The aldo KO was cool but it looked more to me like a big guy beating on a lil guy. I wanna see how he fairs against someone taller with a longer reach.

Comment

Working...
                      X