close lol
    22 :P
    too old ?

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
      close lol
      22 :P
      too old ?
      i don't know much about that but the only thing 22 year old is too old for is girls under 18.

do your thing, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        I used to skate back in highschool. I have an old set up kicking around in the garage but I don't really skate anymore. I used to buy from ccs. I used to rock Zoo York, Zero and Alien Workshop. I broke so many decks that I just started buying blanks. You scrape all the paint off after a while anyway.

http://shop.ccs.com/skateboardbuilder/?cm=57831
        nice site..ima take a look at it

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        i don't know much about that but the only thing 22 year old is too old for is girls under 18.

do your thing, bro.
        what about for skateboarding?

Comment

only if you're rolling with a bunch of sixteen year olds but if you like it, do itl

Comment

Yeah, you can build your own deck. Pretty sweet. I used to like building them myself. It's so easy. Best thing to do when you put the grip tape on is to stick it on and then take a screw driver and run the side if it all the way around the edge to score it. Then just take a knife and cut around the edge and you get a nice clean cut. Then poke the holes for the hardware and you're good.

Comment

supp guysss...am thinkin of buying a skateboard. BUT am not quite sure which to get. i used to skateboard years ago nothing big which i had fun doing .( 180' pop shove it and some grinding.
              i had a voltage skate board which i purchased at champs back then i spend like 80 bucks for it :/.

there some cheap complete decks on ebay for like 60 bucks
              thiknin of getting this 1
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELEMENT-HOLD...item5ae9f28ee9

any1? drop some knowledge yay or nay
              I spent a large chunk of my life skating compulsively and am still good at it even though my drive has fallen off lately. To answer your question, let me put it this way: If you're just gonna be rolling from one place to another it doesn't make much of a difference. Just make sure your wheels are like 56s or bigger and get some Swiss Bones or China Bones. And a deck on the larger end would probably be a little better. You'll get used to what's under your feet. Also, I don't know what a Voltage board is but go with something legit.

Don't worry about that guy Flicker's post. None of that s hit matters too much. Especially the part about Spitfire wheels. It makes no f ucking difference whatsoever. The wheels are either soft or hard and that's it. Indy's are good trucks, but other brands are fine. I've had few problems with Ventures and Royal (okay, those bushings suck). I've ridden a whole lot of decks too. Chances are it'll be fine.

Comment

i'm the same as you cardinal.

i've had set ups with hkd's, lucky, i've ridden swiss bones. i've had spitfire, basic shop brand wheels, element wheels.

i can only go by my experience. all that shyt matters. go buy some broke ass wheels and get bite. that shyt will go flat on you. not even a wheel anymore with a flat spot.

trucks matter because of the weight. their all chunks of metal but i personally hated heavy trucks. thunder i usually stuck to and they always did me clean.

boards are tricky because some people believe in popular brands. i say screw that. baker is probably the shytiest boards. great team shyt boards.

i loved foundation. i still get a hard-on for this black tea cup foundation board. zoo york is great too. they last forever. i tried to break one 7x and it wouldn't break. so i never got mad skating after that.

Comment

Currently riding a Girl deck (love em, Chocolate before that), Venture super light lows (love Royals too though), Ricta cores (not sure on size of the top of my head), Swiss ceramic bones... Love it.

So much of it is preference and brand loyalty though. If youre just wanting to mess around and skate then Id swap some of that stuff for China bones, a CCS blank, and CCS wheels. If it ends up being something youre interested in long term by the time you want or need to rebuild/upgrade youll have a much better idea of what you want.

Lets be real here, theres not much resale value so just get what it takes to get you rolling.

My .02

Comment

I always liked grind king trucks. They are light and tough. I didn't like the indies I had. I had major axle slipping problems on those. They were a little heavier too but I didn't mind that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                      Currently riding a Girl deck (love em, Chocolate before that), Venture super light lows (love Royals too though), Ricta cores (not sure on size of the top of my head), Swiss ceramic bones... Love it.

So much of it is preference and brand loyalty though. If youre just wanting to mess around and skate then Id swap some of that stuff for China bones, a CCS blank, and CCS wheels. If it ends up being something youre interested in long term by the time you want or need to rebuild/upgrade youll have a much better idea of what you want.

Lets be real here, theres not much resale value so just get what it takes to get you rolling.

My .02

how are those rictas?

i always wanted to skate some but never bought any. i don't skate anymore so i probably never will. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X