Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you all like to see more refs dish out more point deductions ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you all like to see more refs dish out more point deductions ?

What do I mean, well, watch any fight, all the refs do is give out warnings, but hardly if at all deduct points unless it was such a blatant foul such as an intentional low blow, a fighter's cornerman jumping into the ring or hitting after the bell(actually, the real rule is a DQ, but I've seen fights where a fighter who struck after the bell just got points taken away).

One example is when a fighter keeps using his elbow, whether it is to strike someone or use it as a bar between him and his opponent, this is clearly illegal, yet, most of the time all a fighter gets are warnings.

Another one is, when a fighter constantly keeps cupping his hands on the back of the head or the neck of his opponent(in Muay Thai they refer to it as the "plum").

I mean, obviously a fighter knows that refs hardly dish out point deductions for those type of infractions, so they continue to do it.

I've also noticed that refs are pretty liberal at handing out stern warnings or point deductions on low level fights compared to major fights. Which I think is bull**** as well.

What are your thoughts
Working...
X