No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins' Trainer: Sergey Kovalev is a Freak of Nature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins' Trainer: Sergey Kovalev is a Freak of Nature

Naazim Richardson, trainer of IBF/WBA light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins, anticipates a very dangerous fight when they face WBO champion Sergey Kovalev in a three belt unification on November 8th from the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Kovalev has demolished 23 out of his 25 opponents. Most of those opponents are put away inside the first six rounds. Hopkins has never been seriously hurt and he's never been down. Against some of the biggest punchers that he faced throughout his long career, Hopkins used their power against them.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just watched the 24/7 on this fight. Maaaaaan bhop will have his hands full!

Comment

"Hopkins has never been seriously hurt or knockeddown"

Wait, what?

Comment

Down twice against Pascal and I believe one other time. Fact checkers?

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
          Down twice against Pascal and I believe one other time. Fact checkers?
          Yea twice vs mercado too

Comment

None of Kovalev's 25 opponents have been anywhere near the level of Hopkins though. I'm not taking anything away from him but still...it's not like he's ever been up against an elite crafty fighter like Hopkins.

Comment

Funny how anybody else would be called dirty for fighting the way Hopkins does but people call him "Crafty" SMH

Comment

I'm watching tape of both fighters comparing them.

Kovalev needs to shake his habit of taking a moment to check out what effect his punches had and instead swarm Hopkins.

Not to open that old can of worms but Calzaghe's unique style was so successful because he understood the way to beat counter punchers was to swarm them so they weren't sure when to counter, when to stay covered up, it was vry frustrating.

Kovalev has a tendency to stand his ground and pick shots which is worrisome as Hopkins is one of the best counterpunchers out there.
                Last edited by ////; 10-29-2014, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bx166NY View Post
                  Funny how anybody else would be called dirty for fighting the way Hopkins does but people call him "Crafty" SMH
                  I'm not sure dirty or crafty are accurate. His style is intentionally "ugly". He thrives in the small limbos between attacks, right before or after clinches, etc.

Comment

This might be the ugliest fight of the year (well besides Rios/Chavez), but that's what Popkins will have to do to win.

Comment

Working...
                    X