Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is Showtime Boxing Dead? With....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are only 24 dates on NBC Sports Network for Haymon. He has about 115-120 fighters signed to him, they are not all going over. And Floyd will still be on "Showtime" because he owes down on 2 more fights

Comment

Espinoza should be prosecuted for killing showtime boxing

Comment

You guys really think Haymon isn't going to put his big dogs on NBC after spending all that money from his own pocket? He's clearly trying to build something here and you cant ****ing do it with prospect fights.

Dumbass mother ****ing idiots on here are all so ****ing so stpid all the ****ing time. I truly hate every single one of you.

Comment

Chavez Jr says he is a free agent why not try to sign him?

Comment

Doubt It
            He has too many damn fighters to depend on 1 Network

I think this is like GBP on Fox Sports Deal, probably mostly for the younger guys and new talent, get them exposure and try to build them up a little before moving them to Showtime

All we can do is wait and see I guess, but I think Kathy Duva probably was trying to ruin Haymon relationship with Showtime with that comment of "He's going to put Showtime and HBO out of the puzzle"
            Last edited by sicko; 10-03-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Showtime is not dead. In fact, Showtime will probably be better in 2015 than they were this year and will likely be better than HBO. Showtime can afford to provide boxing fans with quality matchups that Al Haymon won't provide on NBC Sports. The fights we will see on NBC Sports is the same type of crap that Kathy Duva has provided to us for the last three years. For the truly quality fights, Haymon will be seeking Showtime money for the broadcast rights.

Chavez Jr. vs Froch will appear on Showtime in 2015 (unless we see Mayweather vs Chavez Jr. in May 2015). So will Stevenson/Pascal and host of other quality fights that includes fighters in Al Haymon's stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
                You guys really think Haymon isn't going to put his big dogs on NBC after spending all that money from his own pocket? He's clearly trying to build something here and you cant ****ing do it with prospect fights.

Dumbass mother ****ing idiots on here are all so ****ing so stpid all the ****ing time. I truly hate every single one of you.

Comment

Wow! Really! Please answer a question for me since you are so much smarter than everyone else on this board. What was Al Haymon trying to build by giving fans fights like Garcia/Salka, Robert Guerrero vs some unrated fighter from Japan that no one ever heard of and Broner vs whoever the hell that guy was he fought last?

Is this what you call building something? If he is putting those kind of fights on Showtime when Showtime is paying big money for the fights, what the hell do you think Al Haymon is going to put on NBC sports when Al Haymon himself is paying for the air time? Do you actually think we are going to see Guerrero vs Thurman, Garcia vs Broner and Amir Khan vs Devin Alexander on NBC Sports? Are we going to see rematch of Deontay Wilder vs Bermane Stiverne for a piece of the heavyweight championship on NBC sports?

If you actually believe this, then, to quote a famous modern day philosopher, "you don't know s....t about boxing!!!"

Comment

lmfao that made me laugh like a mother****er

Comment

Originally posted by wiz1030 View Post
                      There are only 24 dates on NBC Sports Network for Haymon. He has about 115-120 fighters signed to him, they are not all going over. And Floyd will still be on "Showtime" because he owes down on 2 more fights
                      That just means these NBC cards are going to be STACKED, which is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X