Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank a decisive Hopkins win among his best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    like hops stated, he was a bigger underdog against pavlik & tarver, but all things considered, being 47, & going up against the top guy in the division, a guy who holds every single physical advantage, & is 18 years hops' junior, a win 2nite would def b 1st or 2nd in my book.

But that leads 2 a greater point, AT AGE 47 THIS GUY CONTINUES TO DEFY ODDS! His NEXT fight is always his biggest, & thats insane for a guy his age. Thats something ppl cant grasp. This guy is truly a livong legend. Win, lose, or draw, we may never in our lifetime, see another 47 y.o. doing what he's doing. If he wanted to, hopkins could be padding the record books fighting tomato cans at his age, but he continues to dispense of top guys! You may not like his style, but how anybody cannot appreciate dude's body of work, is beyond me. Bernard Hopkins haters are NOT true fans of the sport. Period.

I agree 100%, hopkins dedication was a huge inspiration in my boxing career , he inspired me to eat,sleep,and train right ,and that discipline have continued to push me through many obstacles in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
      Tarver was his best win easily, don't be fooled by Trinidads name, the only thing that favored Trinidad in that fight was his age, Hopkins had everything else.

With Tarver he was coming of 2 losses at the age of 42 to skip a weight class and take on the guy who just beat the fighter of the year (Glen jOHNSON) And beat the fighter of the decade (Roy Jones) and Hopkins whooped him, even though I'm pretty are we all know that wasn't the real tarver that night.
      Trinidad was a monster. On his most average day he was a better fighter than Antonio Tarver. The Trinidad win for Hopkins is a great win, the whole reason that middleweight tournament was set up was to crown Trinidad and Hopkins beat the crap out of him. Any questions about Trinidad as a middleweight were also gone after he annihilated Joppy.

Tarver was good, but not on Trinidad's level.

Comment

If Hopkins wins I fully expect some more excuses to why he won. Jangles & his homey are gonna find a way to hate. But I don't see him winning here. I hope he does, but I just don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Of his 20 defences only 6 or so were of the lineal title. Hagler had 12 of the undisputed title and Monzon 14.

If you think Hagler was a brawler quite frankly you're not worth anyone's time when discussing Hagler.

Hagler didn't get hit a lot, he's known for his granite chin as he walked into a Hearns bomb and shook it off like it was nothing. Having a "granite" chin does not mean you get hit a lot that is stupid.

So it's safe to say Hopkins doesn't get hit a lot so his chin is *****? Come on that's ridiculous.
          you are a typical fanboy. A Hagler fanboy. You say that I said things which I never said or you take things out of context. You are the one not being worth my time.
          And who gives a f**ck about lineal titles? I dont care if Monzon and Hagler had more of those defences. I look at the guys he beat. And I already said Monzon and Hagler overall beat a little bit better competition so shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            If Hopkins wins I fully expect some more excuses to why he won. Jangles & his homey are gonna find a way to hate. But I don't see him winning here. I hope he does, but I just don't see it.
            You don't know jack sh** about me if you think I will discredit Hopkins winning this fight. There's a difference between hating on a guy's style and the bullsh** he pulls and hating on his wins.

Comment

you are wrong. hopkins is gonna win very decisively. there will be no controversy. dawson is not all that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Trinidad was a monster. On his most average day he was a better fighter than Antonio Tarver. The Trinidad win for Hopkins is a great win, the whole reason that middleweight tournament was set up was to crown Trinidad and Hopkins beat the crap out of him. Any questions about Trinidad as a middleweight were also gone after he annihilated Joppy.

Tarver was good, but not on Trinidad's level.
                Joppy win is good but while he was a monster at heavy weight I think Tarver dethroning the greatest fighter of the generation and beating the fighter of the year is bigger also because of hopkins age and weight class jump that to me is much better the Trinidads name. I think people over rate that Trinidad win way too much. Hopkins has more big names on his list then he actually does tough fights.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                  you are a typical fanboy. A Hagler fanboy. You say that I said things which I never said or you take things out of context. You are the one not being worth my time.
                  And who gives a f**ck about lineal titles? I dont care if Monzon and Hagler had more of those defences. I look at the guys he beat. And I already said Monzon and Hagler overall beat a little bit better competition so shut up.

Since I actually know what Hagler's style was as I've watched fights other than Hagler's last 3, I must be a fanboy. Thanks for the enlightenment I now know my place.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    You don't know jack sh** about me if you think I will discredit Hopkins winning this fight. There's a difference between hating on a guy's style and the bullsh** he pulls and hating on his wins.
                    Now you know how I feel when because I didn't disrespect Jones's career you chose to talk mess. I shouldn't have to disrespect his career to try and prove an opinion brother.

Comment

Now you know how I feel when because I didn't disrespect Jones's career you chose to talk mess. I shouldn't have to disrespect his career to try and prove an opinion brother.
                      That is a completely different discussion, but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X