Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Nelson Thinks ‘Cigano’ dos Santos Is The Best HW In The UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think JDS is the biggest threat to Teh Brock. Not saying he will beat Brock, just that his speed and power is very dangerous.

Comment

I'm favoring Cain to beat Brock, and Cigano to beat Nelson.

With that said, I'd kind of like to see the fights go the other way, to setup Nelson-Lesnar. It's sort of a freekshow fight, but for some reason I want it.

Comment

But how can he be the best when he has faced Stefan Struve, Mirko Crocop - past peak and Gabriel Gonzaga who had his extra motivation and killer instinct beaten out of him by Randy Couture.

Comment

Originally posted by venom1 View Post
          But how can he be the best when he has faced Stefan Struve, Mirko Crocop - past peak and Gabriel Gonzaga who had his extra motivation and killer instinct beaten out of him by Randy Couture.
          You forgot about Werdum... Btw, beating mirko and Yvel on the feet is no great achievement. I don't remember the last time those guys were beat standing. SO yeh, beating them on their strong point is a huge plus for him. Shows he's indeed a great striker.

Also, yes, he completely dominated a "past his peak" gonzaga but this same gonzaga rocked Carwin, broke his nose, took him down, passed his guard, mounted him and then he was knocked out...

But guess what? Carwin got a title shot for doing that against a "gonzaga without his killer instinct"

how funny is that?

Obviously he's not the best but the only guy in the UFC who does have a better recent (last 5 fights) record in the UFC than him is the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            I'm favoring Cain to beat Brock, and Cigano to beat Nelson.

With that said, I'd kind of like to see the fights go the other way, to setup Nelson-Lesnar. It's sort of a freekshow fight, but for some reason I want it.

Nodogoshi my friend, where are your points on this upcoming fight?
            We both know that Cain isn't going to beat Teh Brock.
            The only way Lesnar is ever gonna get beat is if he crawls on top of his wife and She beats him off. :wank:

Comment

Originally posted by American_Ninja View Post
              The only way Lesnar is ever gonna get beat is if he crawls on top of his wife and She beats him off. :wank:

I agree that Lesnar would be the favorite and I'll be cheering for him (I don't like him but he bring new 'fans' to MMA) but I'm not as confident as you.

I think if Cain goes on the cage with a solid game plan he can tire Lesnar in the first 3 rounds and go for the finish on the championship rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by American_Ninja View Post
                I see it as a pick-em fight actually. I think Cain has a good chance, but Brock is a very stiff matchup for anyone.

I really thought Carwin was going to beat him, but I didn't count on him burning out the way he did. In fact, I knew full well that 300 pound heavyweights are prone to burnout so that wasn't such a surprise, but the way he absolutely blew his tank inside of 1 round, that I didn't expect. At worst, I thought he may pull a Tim Sylvia and look like **** later on in the fight.

As I said, Brock is a tough fight for anyone. With that said, a guy with strong wrestling and good standup presents a big threat to Lesnar as well. I think Cain may be able to exploit Brock's weaknesses on the feet. That seems to be the clear way to beat Brock, find a way to stuff his takedowns, and then outstrike him. Whether or not Cain is up to the test, I'm not convinced one way or the other. I do think his chances are pretty good. I'm no more confident though when it comes to who will win than I am about the outcome of a coin toss.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  I see it as a pick-em fight actually. I think Cain has a good chance, but Brock is a very stiff matchup for anyone.

I really thought Carwin was going to beat him, but I didn't count on him burning out the way he did. In fact, I knew full well that 300 pound heavyweights are prone to burnout so that wasn't such a surprise, but the way he absolutely blew his tank inside of 1 round, that I didn't expect. At worst, I thought he may pull a Tim Sylvia and look like **** later on in the fight.

As I said, Brock is a tough fight for anyone. With that said, a guy with strong wrestling and good standup presents a big threat to Lesnar as well. I think Cain may be able to exploit Brock's weaknesses on the feet. That seems to be the clear way to beat Brock, find a way to stuff his takedowns, and then outstrike him. Whether or not Cain is up to the test, I'm not convinced one way or the other. I do think his chances are pretty good. I'm no more confident though when it comes to who will win than I am about the outcome of a coin toss.
                  Well at least you're honest. I look forward to a good fight. Brock wins by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
                    You forgot about Werdum... Btw, beating mirko and Yvel on the feet is no great achievement. I don't remember the last time those guys were beat standing. SO yeh, beating them on their strong point is a huge plus for him. Shows he's indeed a great striker.

Also, yes, he completely dominated a "past his peak" gonzaga but this same gonzaga rocked Carwin, broke his nose, took him down, passed his guard, mounted him and then he was knocked out...

But guess what? Carwin got a title shot for doing that against a "gonzaga without his killer instinct"

how funny is that?

Obviously he's not the best but the only guy in the UFC who does have a better recent (last 5 fights) record in the UFC than him is the champion.
                    PoPo my man, i think you're on Dana Whites hype train too much, i will now prove you wrong.

Lyoto Machida's last 4 opponents before title shot

Thiago Silva - Barely KO'D Drwal

Sokoudjou - Released soon after

Tito Ortiz - Last 4 fights were a draw with Rashad Evans, Loss to Chuck and 2 victories of a past peak Shamrock.

David Heath - Say nothing.

Brock Lesnar previous fights to a title shot.

Heath Herring - A gatekeeper, he also ran and tried to headbutt him and Heath wasn never a contender in UFC.

Frank Mir - SUBMITTED IN 2 MINUTES, regardless of any controversies.

Min Soo Kim - A warm up debut match.

Rashad Evans before a title shot

Chuck Liddell - who was well past his peak and also got KO by Rampage and taken to school by Jardine

Michael Bisping - He sucked in that fight and barely won

Tito Ortiz - like i mentioned above not to mention it was only a draw because Tito grabbed the cage and would have won otherwise.

Shane Carwin fought Neil Wainn, Christian Wellish and Gabriel Gonzaga to become number one contender when the divison was heating up.

So there you go, everybody gets cheap title shots from Uncle Dana, Anderson had 1 fight before he fought for the title VS CHRIS LEBEN.

Randy Couture is the worst of the lot when it comes to title shots and records. He hasn't fought top tier UFC HEAVYWEIGHTS yet and i mean guys like Carwin, Cain, Roy(now he is), Frank Mir, Nogueria, Kongo.

Comment

I have JDS at number 2, Lesnar 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X