No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Has No Idea How To Build Puerto Rican Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
    That's the point we are a melting pot. Unless you are super politically correct, you know you would address a person by their background. If I'm in Orlando and see a hot Cuban-American chick. I'd say look at that hot Cuban, not look at that hot American. Thats not descriptive and makes no sense. Use the Zimmerman case for example. Did you hear anyone say "hey you heard about the self appointed patrolman American that killed the teenage American"? No, but you did hear about a 28 yr old Mexican that killed a black teen. It's just more descriptive....
    zimmerman is half white and half cuban

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
      That's the point we are a melting pot. Unless you are super politically correct, you know you would address a person by their background. If I'm in Orlando and see a hot Cuban-American chick. I'd say look at that hot Cuban, not look at that hot American. Thats not descriptive and makes no sense. Use the Zimmerman case for example. Did you hear anyone say "hey you heard about the self appointed patrolman American that killed the teenage American"? No, but you did hear about a 28 yr old Mexican that killed a black teen. It's just more descriptive....
      It's only descriptive because we're so used to doing it. Also, I can't help but think its done to single out a certain nationality. Like when people thing African Americans are always up to trouble, that's dumb if you ask me. How about they say that American is always stirring up trouble. You're only as strong as your weakest link anyways. I don't like it at all. I'd never consider myself Polish American and the Arabic American living next to me is as American as I am.
      Last edited by Check; 03-24-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hector Moreno View Post
        zimmerman is half white and half cuban
        Either way, I get his point and he is right but I still don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          That's cool but he sure in the hell isn't Mexican. Too many people think Mexican-American or whatever American are whatever the first part of the title is. Majority of Americans have never been or speak what their grandparents spoke or come from. That's why Americans need to ditch the whole whatever-american. It's a diverse country, we're all Americans and our majority of our grandparents came from other places. People like Rios are American and majority of these kids couldn't tell jack **** about where their grandparents came from. I'm cool with people celebrating their heritage but that certainly doesn't make you one of them.
          you are simplifying this issue like the points you make about most Americans not having any contact with their great grandparents, or their place of origins like Italian Americans, etc doesn't really apply to Mexican-Americans.

Thing is, Mexico is literally a part of the United States geographically speaking, (yes yes, I know u don't need a geography lesson) but to suggest that the majority of Mexican-Americans don't have any ties or contacts with mexico is false.

In fact, after the major earthquake in Acapulco first thing my family does is hop on the cell phone and make some calls to some cities in Mexico to see if our FAMILY members were okay... nevertheless, I don't know those relatives personally, but again just making the point that unlike Europeans or people with Euro and African ancestry, etc. We are very much so in touch with the country of our ancestors, most of us have family in Mexico whether we even know it or not.

And I deeply despise the "Where you were Born is what you are!" argument, I coulda been born in mothafluckin Saudi Arabia and I would still be 100 and 50 %% Mexican....

Comment

GBP pretty much doesn't know how to build ANY fighter unless they make Oscar fight them.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
              GBP pretty much doesn't know how to build ANY fighter unless they make Oscar fight them.
              Yeah, but Top Rank doesn't test theirs. I'd rather go the GBP route and allow the talent to rise to the top. If Danny Garcia is to become a star, he will prove it in the ring. Not be babied like Top Rank loves to do.

Comment

Working...
              X