Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S vs England, who is the best Rock nation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S vs England, who is the best Rock nation?

OK, this is pertaining to Rock music and Rock music alone. So put away your tiny little dicks and concentrate on the music alone.

Who has a greater Rock and Roll legacy? Here are some things to consider while making this decision.

America:

- Created the Rock genre
    - Also spawned sub genre's like Punk Rock, Metal and Alternative
    - Has pioneers like Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, Bo Diddely and Little Richard.

England:

- Arguably had the greatest Rock and Roll band to ever live in the Beatles.
    - In the 70's dominated the rock scene with legendary bands like Led Zeplin, Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones.

So who do you think has contributed more in the Rock genre?

America
    18.67%
    England
    66.67%
    Too close too call, I say tie
    14.67%
    Other
    0.00%

UK hands down.

with recents like strokes, arctic monkeys, cold play, oasis - they blow US rock out the water.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
      UK hands down.

with recents like strokes, arctic monkeys, cold play, oasis - they blow US rock out the water.
      You have to take the entire body of work in consideration. The U.S has also some great bands as of recently as well.

I'm not sure, I lean towards the U.S in total body of work but think England has some heavy hitters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        You have to take the entire body of work in consideration. The U.S has also some great bands as of recently as well.

I'm not sure, I lean towards the U.S in total body of work but think England has some heavy hitters.
        i'm just thinking lately myself - i just got into rock maybe 15 years ago but as far as american bands that i rocked to ... it would be nirvana, soundgarden, creed (like i said, just 15 years in but their new band alter bridge isn't that bad) .....

oh **** i forgot about incubus .... yo incubus > than all those UK bands i mentioned earlier.

Comment

The Beatles and Rolling Stones were heavily influenced by Chuck Berry and Elvis. That's pretty much were it stops. Brittiana ruled the airwaves when Rock 'N' Roll was at it's peak.

Comment

Damn, that is too close to call.

Comment

Good thread. UK win on Led Zep, but US had some great bands. I'm also a fan of Canada (RUSH, Arcade Fire)

Comment

i've never listened to led zepplin - they have good running *****?

Comment

Britain hands down. The US pioneered but the UK took it to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                    i've never listened to led zepplin - they have good running *****?
                    Never ran to it, but it's damn good jammin' schise

Comment

Working...
                    X