Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rampage Gives Up Title Shot? Possible Fight Against Evans.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
    I failed to see any real beef. It's not a Hughes/Serra type of thing where there was always something between them.
    You must not be familiar with Rampage's type of personality.

Rampage calls someone out, that person doesn't immediately back down - Rampage's immediate response is to want to fight him.

PS: This was not a racist comment.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
      Rumor is that Shogun is fighting Machida next.
      I would rather see this than Rampage vs Machida.

I don't think there's much of a chance that Jackson could beat Machida, Shogun however has the overall skill-set to make a fight of it. Then again Shogun could turn up flat as he did in some of his previous UFC fights and lose easily.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        I would rather see this than Rampage vs Machida.

I don't think there's much of a chance that Jackson could beat Machida, Shogun however has the overall skill-set to make a fight of it. Then again Shogun could turn up flat as he did in some of his previous UFC fights and lose easily.

that is true as Shogun's victory over Liddell really can't be used that accurately (since Chuck has been on a decline ever since the 2nd loss to Rampage)

still though Machida needs a fight and if he does that

then the TUF season 10 will solve the problem of not "putting the division on lock" because it's 2 contenders as the coaches (not a Champion)

and the current champ at the weight class would have fought beforehand (assuming Machida can get that fight vs Shogun)

Comment

Yeh Evans losing takes a bit of the shine away from the matchup...

Still its a fight i wanna see..

Comment

This fight means a lot less at this point. And if Evans wins, it just f.ucks up the rankings right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
              This fight means a lot less at this point. And if Evans wins, it just f.ucks up the rankings right now.
              I know, what'll they do?

kinda a dumb move by Rampage (in pushing for the Rashad fight)

cuz he's most likely risking his title shot.

as no way the UFC lets Rampage fight for the title if he loses to Evans.

Comment

I don't think Page really likes the pressure of being Champ. It seems to me he'd rather be respected as a top fighter then the top fighter. I also know Rampage is pretty smart about the opponents he chooses. When Rua challenged him back in the day after his fight with Ninja Rua Page admitted he didn't think he was ready for that fight but he still took it, then got K.O'd.

Page knows he Evans is a better fight for him and I'm sure he's waiting for someone to find a weakness in Machida that he can expose. If Page beats Evans and Machida beats Rua Page will have no choice other than to fight Machida or play gate keeper. However I know think Page has a better chance against Machida than Evans did, I still think Evans is the smarter fighter over all but he don't got the Rawness Page has that can destroy anybody.

That being said Rashad proved to have a strong heart and an iron chin. I really felt like he took his K.O like a man (a warrior). Rashad played chess where Page might have been dumb enough to K.O Machida.

Comment

Its all about the money, not the title.

Maybe Rampage doesnt fancy the job of taking on Machida. He is nowhere near fast enough to deal with Machida.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
                    I know, what'll they do?

kinda a dumb move by Rampage (in pushing for the Rashad fight)

cuz he's most likely risking his title shot.

as no way the UFC lets Rampage fight for the title if he loses to Evans.
                    well rampage is a fighter.. in his mind he cant lose the fight, its just the matter of him knocking rashads lights out and then go get his belt afterwards.

if he wins he gets the title shot, and it gets more hype to it having a common oponent. rashad wins he might rematch forrest griffin, or possibly take on rich franklin whos coming up.. theres lots of fights and with 2 or 3 wins he can get a title shot.

i want to see this fight more than machida. im so ****ing pissed rashad fought like moron and got himself knocked out against a guy he couldve beaten, though. so now its lost some appeal.

Comment

Lads anywhere i can get my hands on there previous fights..

**** i wanna see rampage/Shogun and various other fights i've missed..

Comment

Working...
                      X