Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: 13,000 Tickets Sold for Canelo vs Lopez Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: 13,000 Tickets Sold for Canelo vs Lopez Card

Former six division world champion and President of Golden Boy Promotions Oscar De La Hoya made a special appearance on the latest edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene.com's official audio show. De La Hoya told us that ticket sales for their quadrupleheader Showtime Championship Boxing card, headlined by "Canelo" Alvarez versus Josesito Lopez, have been brisk and they expect a full house on Saturday night at the MGM.

[Click Here To Read More]

This would be pretty cool for the sport if both shows sold out...a good sign that boxing still has it and can still fill arenas. I'll be ordering the PPV, and recording the Showtime bouts at the same time to watch afterwards. A full house, plenty of beer, good food...even better times!

Comment

i really didn't think canelo/lopez would bring in that many fans,that is great considering one of the biggest fights of the year is happening that same night,if chavez and canelo win,everybody will be calling them out.($$$$)

Comment

Ill be at the canelo fight. If this is true this is great for boxing. I cant wait to watch the Martinez fight afterwards as well. Tickets are pretty cheap for both cards so its not totally surprising. Lets go Canelo and Martinez!!

Comment

Boxing is alive...im actually happy...for now..idk about sept 16

Comment

So 13000 comps? I heard they're giving canelo tickets out on the strip in greater numbers than naked girl cards. Oh and the tickets are also winding up on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              i really didn't think canelo/lopez would bring in that many fans,that is great considering one of the biggest fights of the year is happening that same night,if chavez and canelo win,everybody will be calling them out.($$$$)
              Woudln't it be crazy if Canelo got his jaw broke by lopez and chavez got KTFO?

Comment

Originally posted by daperculator View Post
                So 13000 comps? I heard they're giving canelo tickets out on the strip in greater numbers than naked girl cards. Oh and the tickets are also winding up on the street.
                Their actually handing them out as you check into your Hotel on the strip.. Any hotel that is.. hahahahah...

Comment

Canelo has a lot of fans. Thats pretty good for their being another fight down the street from where he's fighting. Chavez vs Martinez is a better main event. Props to Canelo for drawing that many people to go watch him fight. This guy is a star with a lot of fan base.

Comment

Boxing is huge. We will sell out both.

Imagine if the promoters pride wasnt in the way what a statement we could have sent making a mega card.

That boxing is not only Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquaio.

Comment

Working...
                    X