Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto... fight of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
    It wasn't even FOTY...the first six rounds were great but it stagnated in the second half. The sixth round is overrated as hell, too. It was brought up as round of the year material when all it had going for it was those two flash knockdowns in the last minute of the fight.

Round of the year was CLEARLY Angulo-Kirkland round 1. Kirkland gets dropped in the first minute of the fight, gets mauled all over the ring for nearly 2 minutes, Angulo tires and then Kirkland turns it around on a punched out Angulo and Angulo goes down. There's tension throughout the ENTIRE round because you feel it's about to end right then and there.
    Flash knockdown? Ortiz got up literally drooling. He was standing on rubber legs and trying to avoid getting hit with another big shot. The ref was in position to stop the fight when Ortiz landed the two hooks that put Berto down. That wasn't a flash knockdown either, Berto was going all out on Ortiz and you can see the first hook stopped him in his tracks and the next hurt him enough to go down

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      LOL that's completely inaccurate, did you even watch boxing back then? At that time Berto was considered a top fighter with a lot of potential who was gearing up to face the likes of Mayweather, Mosley and Cotto (hence why Floyd was in attendance). Ortiz spoiled those plans though and he got the Floyd fight. Both guys are absolute shit now and both should consider retirement IMO.
      Originally posted by Akuza Da Root View Post
      What the hell are you talking about?

Both guys at the time, especially Berto was seen as elite at the welterweight division. Ortiz winning was a major upset..

Damn it's crazy how people just don't what they talking about but talking like they do.
      You guys are correct, Berto was an undefeated Mayweather prospect. Nobody really gave Ortiz a chance after that Maidana performance. I cant remember Berto facing a hard puncher like Ortiz before he fought him. Berto had been down by an unknown, so i knew Ortiz always had a punchers chance but i was surprised at the fight it turned out to be.

Comment

TTT

Comment

Fight of the year, sure..decade? Not so much..

Comment

Thats a big negatory.............

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanMauler View Post
              Recently watched Ortiz vs Berto again and what a fight... Decided to make a HL video. If you haven't seen this fight yet I highly recommend it. Enjoy!

what kind of bird is the girl in your avatar holding?

Comment

Originally posted by mordie View Post
                Corrales Vs Castillo I...no debate in my opinion.
                Wrong decade,, that was 2000-09..

We are taking about 2010-2019

Comment

Fight of the decade is

Jmm-manny 4

High stakes
                  Big rivalry
                  2 historically great fighters
                  Great action
                  Knock downs for each guy
                  Most dramatic ending

Nothing really even comes close to it IMO

Comment

It sure was an amazing and very highly entertaining fight and there's no doubt about that. But in my opinion for a fight to warrant fight of the decade honors, I believe the magnitude, the level of the two boxers fighting, and what's at stake would need to be much much higher. Great action fights happen all the time weather they are amateur fights or professional fights but the reason they don't get fight of the year or much less fight of the decade is because the caliber of fighters and the magnitude of these fights isn't there. Victor Ortiz and Andre Berto both had a great fight that night and they should both be proud of what they accomplished inside that ring.

Comment

i was there and it was one of the best ive been to ..not the best tho

great night

Comment

Working...
                      X