No announcement yet.

UFC 167 Jaw Smashing Slo-Mo Video Highlight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 167 Jaw Smashing Slo-Mo Video Highlight

Hopefully this will go some way in making e-fighters realise how brutal combat sports are, instead of tapping away on their keyboards about how this boxer is a pussy/that MMA fighter is a bitch etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
      Hopefully this will go some way in making e-fighters realise how brutal combat sports are, instead of tapping away on their keyboards about how this boxer is a pussy/that MMA fighter is a bitch etc etc
      For sure. Boxing can be brutal at times, but MMA is a different beast.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        For sure. Boxing can be brutal at times, but MMA is a different beast.
        I'm not sure MMA is a 'different beast'. It doesn't get much worse than getting punched by someone wearing 8 Oz. gloves for 12 3min rounds.

MMA elbows and knees open more cuts but concussive punches are worse imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
          I'm not sure MMA is a 'different beast'. It doesn't get much worse than getting punched by someone wearing 8 Oz. gloves for 12 3min rounds.

MMA elbows and knees open more cuts but concussive punches are worse imo.
          That may be true. But you factor in not only elbows and knee strikes, but also kicks, take downs, (which have all proven to be concussive in MMA) submissions, and the fact that not many make a successful transition from pro boxing to MMA, that, to me makes it a different beast in the combat world.

Not to mention, the rules have changed from what MMA used to be originally.

Comment

well study results posted recently suggest that a similar degree of brain damage is being sustained in MMA and boxing and both are likely to lead to many other health problems.

Comment

I don't think it should be measured whether mma or boxing is 'tougher' or more hardcore. They are different sports really, and both dangerous. I respect both, although for me mma is like human cockfighting to an extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
                well study results posted recently suggest that a similar degree of brain damage is being sustained in MMA and boxing and both are likely to lead to many other health problems.
                No doubt. Recently read a report about the lawsuits being filed by NFL players claiming the injuries sustained while playing have resulted in irreversible trauma and lifelong health concerns.

It asked whether MMA was heading in the same direction.

I believe the MMA organizations have the athletes sign waivers absolving the orgs from some or any responsibilities regarding serious injury sustained by the athletes.

Some states were and are a still fighting to keep MMA from promoting any events for fear of lawsuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  I don't think it should be measured whether mma or boxing is 'tougher' or more hardcore. They are different sports really, and both dangerous. I respect both, although for me mma is like human cockfighting to an extent.
                  Indeed. I can remember years ago when MMA was criticized in the beginning stages as a short-lived fad by many. Yet it has grown tremendously since then.

I was a huge fan from the beginning since I was into the martial arts from a young age. So I developed an appreciation for the sport since inception.

It is quite different from boxing, and has evolved quite a bit as the athletes refined their skills making the combat appear less crude than it use to be.

Comment

im unable to watch this entire video. lol. that's pretty crazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X