Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have an imaginary friend/believe in god?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
    if people are religious you should respect that whether you like religion or not or are religious etc
    why should i?

its no different to me believing haye is the best HW around at the moment,
    People can criticise me for it, so why cant i criticise religion?

whats the difference to believing in a boxer and believing in god??
    oh yeh there is NO proof for god

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
      what has science got to do with religion?
      well, science goes against everything religion claims

now which d you believe a dusty old book, or, scientific EVIDENCE ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
        Sorry man you've made some interesting points but you last statement is utter nonsense.
        i guess i should of ellaborated more but think about it....in a lot of areas in the world what is the only thing that makes them alike?

religion

i guess you could make the case religion divides as much as it brings together but think of the middle east for instance.

How bad would the infighting be if they were not all Muslim?

i guess they fight just as much even though they are all muslim but still.

I have always said that religion isnt always a bad thing. The only problem i have with it are like the southern baptists we have down here that preach hellfire and brimstone and try and force it down peoples throats.

but other than that there is a lot of good that comes from religion that would not if religion was non existent. As in philanthropic work and charity.

Like i said people need a higher unseen power watching them

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
          what has science got to do with religion?
          Originally posted by Travieso View Post
          its ok bud religion will slowly die out and in the next century it will be gone for good. You will only find religion probably in islamic countries by that time.
          Yeh i know its just a shame we probably wont be alive to see a religion free world.

think about how much safer it would be, no muslims blowing innocent people up for the sake of their imaginary friend!

Comment

if so then prove your imaginary friend to me... common do it.
            I even tried giving my soul to the devil for free and he ain't showed up...

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
              i guess i should of ellaborated more but think about it....in a lot of areas in the world what is the only thing that makes them alike?

religion

i guess you could make the case religion divides as much as it brings together but think of the middle east for instance.

How bad would the infighting be if they were not all Muslim?

i guess they fight just as much even though they are all muslim but still.

I have always said that religion isnt always a bad thing. The only problem i have with it are like the southern baptists we have down here that preach hellfire and brimstone and try and force it down peoples throats.

but other than that there is a lot of good that comes from religion that would not if religion was non existent. As in philanthropic work and charity.

Like i said people need a higher unseen power watching them
              The infighting in the Middle East has a lot to do with the differences between Islamic groups as far as I'm aware. I don't think religion on it's own is a bad thing and there are many good religious people and organizations. The problem is when people interpret it in a way to give them permission to commit horrific crimes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by adamt View Post
                Yeh i know its just a shame we probably wont be alive to see a religion free world.

think about how much safer it would be, no muslims blowing innocent people up for the sake of their imaginary friend!
                i think muslims will around for a long time though... as long as there is dictatorial regimes and its leaders are religious nuts or poverty and poor education and dumd stupid media there will always be religion.

Comment

I dont believe in religion as there is too much dogma, but i beleive in god, only recently. Insulting people for thier belief in god is so backwards its untrue. For believing in a god that apparently dictates the ignorance and injustice that is prevelent in a lot or religions isnt.

If you dont believe in god, can you tell me what you believe instead? i just didnt really care to be honest, but i wouldnt laugh at people for doing so.

All this gunning islam is warrented i suppose but christianity has done just as much **** as anyone as well as others. The main religions i believe are all based on much older religions anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                    you know a lot of people **** on religion but is it really that bad?

first off im not religious at all. but here me out

i understand religion does cause a lot of conflict around the world but is it really that bad?

some people need to be fearful of a higher power in order to be a good person. Some people would rape and pillage because they do not believe in humanity. They will however remain good because they do not want to burn in hell.

in a weird way the world would not be here if it was not for God or the belief in a higher being. We would of all destroyed each other.
                    Sky cake, why are you so delicious...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55h1F...=youtube_gdata

Comment

Originally posted by adamt View Post
                      As this is mainly a US forum, and i think over 60% of Americans believe in a god/super power, i was wondering how many people on bs believe in that bulls***?

i find it crazy that we're in 2010 and in America, a country that is one of the top science/medicine intelligences, yet over 60% of the population has an imaginary friend/belives in god,talking snakes, etc
                      That does it, I'm gonna tell Santa to fill your stockings with coal.

The Snake talks, true story.

Originally posted by Rolling Stone View Post
                      TS are you a virgin???
                      I don't think he is, son. Do not fret however, at the rate that you are going, you will remain one. Keep the faith and don't give in to your urges for your fellow men, my son.

Comment

Working...
                      X