Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when people said Floyd ruined Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who watched Hatton vs Paulie and Lazcano and thought Floyd ruined him is a moron

Comment

Originally posted by The Raw Dog View Post
      Paulie had the all time worst trainer for championship fights in Buddy Mcgirt. I don't blame that loss on Paulie one bit.
      yes because we know a boxer of Paulie's experience isn't able to adjust on his own right?

Oh yeah, and how about his losses to khan and Cotto? Who do you blame those losses on?
      Last edited by Metho_4u; 06-24-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

the only thing floyd ruined was ellerbes azz.............

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          yes because we know a boxer of Paulie's experience isn't able to adjust on his own right?

Oh yeah, and how about his losses to khan and Cotto? Who do you blame those losses on?
          Buddy Mcgirt sucks ass as a trainer in championship fights. Have you been following the sport? Do you know how many times he's stopped fights because HIS fighter was getting his ass kicked. Paulie was one of many, and that's no indictment on Mcgirt the fighter, but dude is a horrible trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by flash13 View Post
            exactly his only 2 losses were to may and pac ( i don't really count the comeback loss), he defeated the best jw of the era ( tzsyu; even tho past prime), and held the undisputed jw champ. He deserves a lot of respect.
            2 #1 p4p champions he lost 2,,,his style was bad for manny and floyd

Comment

Originally posted by The Raw Dog View Post
              Buddy Mcgirt sucks ass as a trainer in championship fights. Have you been following the sport? Do you know how many times he's stopped fights because HIS fighter was getting his ass kicked. Paulie was one of many, and that's no indictment on Mcgirt the fighter, but dude is a horrible trainer.
              I am quite aware of McGirt's record as a trainer. I also know that he was a top fighter in his day and would rather stop a fight then have his fighter take punishment that he doesn't need to. Paulie was not going to win the fight, he wasn't going to get a KO, what was the point for him to keep taking shots and potentially be hurt very badly? It's stupid. People always say that a fighter should have the chance to prove themselves... Paulie did in that fight and he proved that he wasn't the better fighter. McGirt knew this, so he stopped it. I fail to see the issue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMANE704 View Post
                2 #1 p4p champions he lost 2,,,his style was bad for manny and floyd
                People take issue with his record previous to that. Not taking into consideration that Warren wanted to just keep him fighting in England where Frank would make more money. Ricky proformed very well in all of the fights I saw, which has been most of them. It's hard based on opposition, but most of us here have been watching boxing long enough to know that the guy had a lot of skills, especially pre-Tszyu when he boxed and moved, and did so quite well IMO.

Comment

Working...
                X