No announcement yet.

Should Martinez officially move down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishman View Post
    Wow. How can you be a fan of boxing and hate on a good fighter like sergio martinez. This is not being a fan of boxing this is simply sweating the 2 guys that are the most popular. Theres nothing wrong with an athlete trying to make money. Looks like someone took dyckriding 101 in college.
    NO! this is called being a BOXING FAN - who wants to see the best fights get made, NOT the fighters get "paydays". . . he's making millions per fight, i don't care that he gets another few million? YOU ARE THE ONE who cares more about how much money he makes, rather than seeing the best fights. . .

there's NOTHING wrong with a REAL BOXING FAN talking out of disgust because a boxer is maximizing his money by minimizing his risks. (barker, dzinz) .. if you're down with a MW fighter who weighs in at 176 pounds at 30 day weigh-ins trying to CHERRY PICK welterweights for paydays, cool. . . But I AM NOT. . I assure you i have no agenda for ANY fighter; you on the other hand, seem to have an agenda for sergio

MOREOVER, POPPA TONY - sergio's daddy, RAISED HIM BETTER! POPPA TONY taught his son to put on the best fight for the fans. . .

BOTTLE TIME FOR U, HOE!
    Last edited by UglyPug; 10-02-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      He wasn't much smaller than Barker, maybe the way he bent over constantly made him look smaller, but he was an inch and 3 pounds smaller.

154 has the money, so it would make sense for him to move down. Fans will hate it but I'd understand.
      almost 3"s according to boxrec

Comment

I think so. He is small compared to most JMW's. There are tons of good fights at 154 anyways. Cotto/Marg winner. Angulo/Kirkland winner. Canelo, lara , Possible catch weight with Pac or May. Im probably missing some, but you get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          Ah, didn't realize, and missed the tale of the tape.

I guess it's just me then. I'll have to watch the fight again.
          Sergio is officially 2 in a half inches shorter than Barker.

He's 5'10" vs Barkers 6'0" 1/2

his frame was also noticeably smaller, skull size, everything. He looked a lot smaller, had nothing to do with how martinez bends over either. You could see it at teh weigh in, all the press conferences, at during the interviews.

[IMG]http://www.************.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Martinez-Barker-Presser-410x250.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

When will you people learn... he will never fight at 154 again unless it is against pacquiao or floyd(and neither of those fights will ever happen)

He can't make 154 comfortable or else he would of fought Dzinziruk at 154 for Dzinziruk's title. He is a middleweight and the realistic big $ fights for him are Chavez Jr and Sturm.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              When will you people learn... he will never fight at 154 again unless it is against pacquiao or floyd(and neither of those fights will ever happen)

He can't make 154 comfortable or else he would of fought Dzinziruk at 154 for Dzinziruk's title. He is a middleweight and the realistic big $ fights for him are Chavez Jr and Sturm.
              It's Martinez pushing for the fight at 154. If he can't make the weight he should pursue money fights elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
              X