Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do all of you bring Compubox stats as valuable argument?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
    LOL, there is no high technology behind compubox. There are two dudes, who count thrown and landed punches, one dude for one boxer. The only technology is that thay don't write it on paper, they push the buttons. But at the end it is the same old handed counting.
    I was wondering how long into this thread it would go, before someone mentions that fact.

Green "K" homie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Lol this is 100% true...I know I've done it before, not gonna front...when dude I'm supporting wins, I'm like, "check the compubox numbers homey, my dude outlanded your dude in 9 of 12 rounds"...but when it's the other way around, I be like "compubox is f**king inaccurate as f**k bro"
      Sounds like daggums blueprint

Comment

because learning that 1+1=2 and that 2+1=3, etc., is a whole lot easier to learn than the art of the pro scoring criteria. 3+1=4 LOL...........

Comment

m0therfockers are still mad because #48 got his ass beat.....lol "Floyd didnt hit him that much and that many times" wah, wah, wah,

Comment

Compubox was proven to be inaccurate years ago. Why is this still being debated?

But punches thrown should be somewhat accurate and when you see a high volume fighter reduced to half his output it is telling.

Comment

Awwww El Blanco had a bit of a torrid time dealing with Pacquiao's loss to Mayweather and because the Compubox was lopsided for Floyd he's venting some lingering pains here!

Let it bleed homie, let it out.. come on.. let it bleed!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                People credit it and discredits it to fit their agendas
                This. All comes down to whether it supports people's opinion or not. It's ridiculous.

No one should ever need or use CompuBox to support their argument. If you do, maybe it's because you realize you're not quite sure about your stance.

Comment

Tell that to every person that uses.... you guessed it..... punch stats to "prove" Mayweather should have a loss on his record to Jose Luis Castillo.

Compubox has it's flaws but and shouldn't be the sole foundation for any rationale as to who won a fight. But I've seen just as stupid arguments, if not worse ones. Like: "I score punches that do more damage... " so the guy who looks more worked over should be the loser, right? Until you see Pacquiao's and Clottey's faces after their fight and that goes right out of the window. Boxing is so subjective and even though there basic scoring criteria, people apply them according to their likes and dislikes. It's one of the great things and worst things about boxing. Gives us all something to flap our gums about.

Comment

Originally posted by marvellous1 View Post
                    tell that to every person that uses.... You guessed it..... Punch stats to "prove" mayweather should have a loss on his record to jose luis castillo.

compubox has it's flaws but and shouldn't be the sole foundation for any rationale as to who won a fight. But i've seen just as stupid arguments, if not worse ones. Like: "i score punches that do more damage... " so the guy who looks more worked over should be the loser, right? Until you see pacquiao's and clottey's faces after their fight and that goes right out of the window. Boxing is so subjective and even though there basic scoring criteria, people apply them according to their likes and dislikes. It's one of the great things and worst things about boxing. Gives us all something to flap our gums about.
                    end thread//////

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Compubox was proven to be inaccurate years ago. Why is this still being debated?

But punches thrown should be somewhat accurate and when you see a high volume fighter reduced to half his output it is telling.
                      Maybe Pac just chose to fight that way?

Originally posted by TIMELESS View Post
                      Awwww El Blanco had a bit of a torrid time dealing with Pacquiao's loss to Mayweather and because the Compubox was lopsided for Floyd he's venting some lingering pains here!

Let it bleed homie, let it out.. come on.. let it bleed!
                      And you still haven't recovered from Pacman ending Hatton's career

Comment

Working...
                      X