Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's all hope Martinez knocks Cotto out...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF Cotto wins he will be looking for a Mayweather rematch if Martinez win he will also want Floyd and Canelo. In this lifetime Martinez wants no part of GGG don't get me wrong he is beatable I even pick 160 version Tito to beat GGG but at this point of his career MArtinez will not beat a hungry lion in GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
      Sergio is the one who has to watch out not to be dropped by Miguel! If Cotto catches him, it could turn very ugly very quickly.

I know Martinez can punch, but he has never faced a boxer the caliber of Cotto. Yes, he beat the living crap out of Julio, but he has no defense, blocks punches with his face and was chasing Sergio all around the ring.

On the other hand, Cotto is a master a cutting the ring, great ring generalship, has defense and can box.

I see this fight even with a very slight edge to Martinez due to size/reach and power but if Sergio makes a mistake, he will make him pay! He better keep his hands up vs Cotto !

I back my boy all the way! Cotto got this, War Cotto!
      What makes you think Cotto has the power to hurt Martinez? If he's so good at cutting off the ring and defending, why was Cotto outboxed and marked up by Austin Trout?

Comment

even if martinez pulls through hes gonna need a year to recover.

everyone cotto gets in the ring with has evident signs they have been through hell and back.

Comment

Nah, not everyone. As long as Martinez goes into the Cotto fight healthy, he should be fine.

Comment

He will.

I doubt it makes it to the 8th.

Comment

Should be a good fight..I wouldnt sell cotto short though..I actually give him a slight advantage over martinez at this point..but thats why we watch the fights..either guy has the potential to change the fight in a flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                Sergio is the one who has to watch out not to be dropped by Miguel! If Cotto catches him, it could turn very ugly very quickly.

I know Martinez can punch, but he has never faced a boxer the caliber of Cotto. Yes, he beat the living crap out of Julio, but he has no defense, blocks punches with his face and was chasing Sergio all around the ring.

On the other hand, Cotto is a master a cutting the ring, great ring generalship, has defense and can box.

I see this fight even with a very slight edge to Martinez due to size/reach and power but if Sergio makes a mistake, he will make him pay! He better keep his hands up vs Cotto !

I back my boy all the way! Cotto got this, War Cotto!
                I want Cotto win a title against Martinez but it's going to be tough. Cotto has better defense than Chavez Jr. but let's forget Chavez came as a Cruiserweight. A good big fighter always beat a very good small fighter.

Comment

Martinez's moment to validate this championship run of his. It's not quite like Hopkins-tito/oscar, but something like that I guess. Past their primes but still a treat for us

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    Martinez's moment to validate this championship run of his. It's not quite like Hopkins-tito/oscar, but something like that I guess. Past their primes but still a treat for us
                    I don't really think so. Beating Cotto won't mean that much for Martinez. This is a tuneup money fight for Martinez.

Comment

CW for this fight???

Comment

Working...
                      X