No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs Lamotta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
    thats why i said it might mean little... its just a something to ponder on assessing this fantasy fight...

for the record, i give hopkins an advantage... i will put my money in him if i were to bet...
    with his cunning and all... but also i can see him having an extremely difficult time to discourage jake... he can outbox him and all but jake would never stop coming at him and trying... SRR an ATG puncher himself landed all the legal punches he could muster in a six fight series and jake took all of it still standing... and still trying to win...

if jake manages to drag hopkins DEEP into the championship rounds (which i think he will, his experience in fighting more capable fighters than hopkins ever faced (cerdan, zivic and robinson) gives him a significant advantage over hopkins...
    when has hopkins ever been discouraged because he couldn't hurt the guy? Hopkins has no problem going the distance and winning decisions and he also has no problem stinking up the joint if he has to, all he cares about is winning. hopkins will clinch and tie up when he has too, something Robinson didn't do as well especially considering he was outweighed by so much. Hopkins would be the much bigger man in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      when has hopkins ever been discouraged because he couldn't hurt the guy? Hopkins has no problem going the distance and winning decisions and he also has no problem stinking up the joint if he has to, all he cares about is winning. hopkins will clinch and tie up when he has too, something Robinson didn't do as well especially considering he was outweighed by so much. Hopkins would be the much bigger man in the ring.
      where in my post i said hopkins will get discouraged? what i said hopkins will find it difficult to discourage jake...

and i just posted that im picking up hopkins if i was betting...

ok to cut it short... tell me...

do you honestly believe jake has ZERO chance against hopkins?

Comment

where in my post i said hopkins will get discouraged? what i said hopkins will find it difficult to discourage jake...

and i just posted that im picking up hopkins if i was betting...

ok to cut it short... tell me...

do you honestly believe jake has ZERO chance against hopkins?
        the only way jake could win is by knockout there is no way he could win a decision and I just think that's not happening against a prime hopkins.

no fight is zero chance, anything could happen I just don't see it.

Comment

the only way jake could win is by knockout there is no way he could win a decision and I just think that's not happening against a prime hopkins.

no fight is zero chance, anything could happen I just don't see it.
          i disagree with jake can win only by KO... jake can win with his tremendous output... he certainly can outwork hopkins specially if it is a 15 rounder... hopkins' dimensions will give jake some problems. (if hopkins prevails to make it an outside fight) .. but what gives me some doubts ( and not wholeheartedly pick hopkins) is that this same size advantage (esp. height) will give jake the advantage if he manages to barrell in inside..

jake has more room to land his body shots and hopkins being tall would naturally find it difficult to fight inside the pocket against a tough and underrated body puncher...

and besides, hopkins never really faced a fighter that resembles the fighting style of jake... and jake isnt just your regular inside fighter and body puncher... he is one of the best...

Comment

I think Hopkins would bully him all over the place. People forget Hopkins started at 175, and are fooled by Lamotta beating SRR that first fight where he was the much larger guy. Hopkins would get rough housed, and would rough house back even worse, with more skill.

Hopkins UD.

Comment

hopkins has always been extremely good at tying guys up and he's a great inside fighter as well, if he wanted to slow down the pace but a prime hopkins had a great output as well, not like what he is now.

hopkins size advantage would be a factor because jake wouldn't be able to rough hopkins up and out muscle him as hopkins would be the bigger stronger guy in the ring.

the style of lomatta is nothing hopkins hasn't seen before, while jake never fought anyone quite like hopkins who was as big and skilled. you can say hopkins never fought someone like jake as far as his warriors mentality goes and his overall toughness but the style is nothing new. again, hopkins is at his absolute best when his opponent comes to him. his lateral movement, speed, getting his shots off first ...it just doesn't favor jake at all.

Comment

hopkins has always been extremely good at tying guys up and he's a great inside fighter as well, if he wanted to slow down the pace but a prime hopkins had a great output as well, not like what he is now.

hopkins size advantage would be a factor because jake wouldn't be able to rough hopkins up and out muscle him as hopkins would be the bigger stronger guy in the ring.

the style of lomatta is nothing hopkins hasn't seen before, while jake never fought anyone quite like hopkins who was as big and skilled. you can say hopkins never fought someone like jake as far as his warriors mentality goes and his overall toughness but the style is nothing new. again, hopkins is at his absolute best when his opponent comes to him. his lateral movement, speed, getting his shots off first ...it just doesn't favor jake at all.
                at MW, i had never seen or have read someone bullying lamotta...

he was bullying marcel cerdan (a natural MW HOF) before the frenchman's unfortunate injury... he was clearly the stronger of the two...

and jake had won over great technicians as well like lloyd marshall...

anyway, this is just a fantasy fight and i stand by my bet hopkins... but i cant really ignore what lamotta brings to the table against him...

one thing for sure, there aint any "hands down" or "easy win" predictions i am going to give a damn about this fight from anybody...

Comment

at MW, i had never seen or have read someone bullying lamotta...

he was bullying marcel cerdan (a natural MW HOF) before the frenchman's unfortunate injury... he was clearly the stronger of the two...

and jake had won over great technicians as well like lloyd marshall...

anyway, this is just a fantasy fight and i stand by my bet hopkins... but i cant really ignore what lamotta brings to the table against him...

one thing for sure, there aint any "hands down" or "easy win" predictions i am going to give a damn about this fight from anybody...
                  Dauthille was waxing Lamotta all over until his lucky last second KO. Great shot though

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    Dauthille was waxing Lamotta all over until his lucky last second KO. Great shot though
                    i haven't seen that fight in it's entirety... have you?

Comment

At middleweight B-Hop has never faceda kind of fighter with that kind of style at the level of Jake Lamotta

Who? Echols?

Comment

Working...
                      X