Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia Tabs Maidana To Beat Mayweather's Past Foes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert smoking something strong!!...Nelo, Mosley, Oscar, and Marquez beats him ....Ghost is a 50-50 fight imo....Hatton might stop him with a body shot...man, Robert better stop smoking whatever he's smoking and pass that ish to me!! ....I wanna feel like BHop can beat Wlad for the HW crown!! LMFAO

Comment

Talk about inflating one's worth. This PPV should be doomed to 100k PPVs so we can force the hand of GBP and Showtime to push Floyd into a real competitive fight like Pacquiao or Bradley. There is no one else in GBP to challenge Floyd.

Comment

Marketing 101 by Garcia. Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
          I'd think Cotto, Marquez, Canelo all beat Chino. IMO

Hatton vs Chino though would have been a pick em fight.
          would it fcuk. maidana is a poor mans ricky hatton. the only attribute that maidana has over hatton is power.

Comment

So maidana struggles to beat an way past his prime morales who I thought beat but he could beat cotto who was a career light welter so not many problems with weight since he was still 145 and he fought margarito at 150 margarito made it and looked healthy pacquiao is basically a blown up lightweight so you talk about catch weights he is still at a disadvantage if he wanted he could fight anywhere from lightweight to light middle he chooses welter because it's the best division talk about weight disadvantage pacquiao is the one always at a disadvantage

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              would it fcuk. maidana is a poor mans ricky hatton. the only attribute that maidana has over hatton is power.
              I don't know who would win, but I really believe it would be a pick em fight.
              I could easily see Hatton landing a vicious body shot and putting Chino down, but then again I could see Maidana landing some power shots on Ricky's awful defense and putting him down.

My opinion is it's 50/50

Comment

This guy's out of his motherfucking mind.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  I could think of quite a few Mayweather opponents who would've handled Maidana (like his last one).

But Maidana is getting Floyd at the right time. 37-years-old, locked into a contract that forces him to fight twice a year...he can't be too thrilled about that regardless of what he's getting paid. I just recently saw an interview where he said he's not excited about boxing anymore. I don't know if Maidana is the one but I've always maintained that Showtime shelled out so much money not only because of Floyd's stature but because having the rights to his first loss is going to net some serious future cash.
                  That interview has to be old because he has recently said that he has fallen in love with boxing again.

Comment

Lol

Oh man, you doubters are in for a serious slap in the face come May 3rd.

Maidana is hands down the single hardest puncher Floyd has ever faced, with the exception of Canelo Alvarez who obviously didn't throw enough to even connect any of that power.

Maidana is going to be Mayweathers toughest fight. Jose Louis Castello certainly was, and guess what? Maidana fights just like him except he's smarter, faster, and he hits much harder. Floyd is going to catch Mayweather with some real nice shots. Floyd doesn't have enough power to get Maidana out of there. I saw someone in here compare Maidana to a "Poor mans" Hatton. That had me weak with laughter. Maidana is taking this one, and if he doesn't win, it's going be the closest thing to Mayweather losing a fight ever. He's going to be bloody, bruised, and probably urinating blood after this fight. Mayweather knows it as well.

Comment

I get trying to hype your fighter up but Garcia sounds like an idiot saying that...

both Cotto and Canelo easily stop Maidana who cant take it to the body.

Mosley smokes him

I also think Guerrero, and Marquez beat him.

We know he stopped Ortiz... but its Ortiz.

Chino went life and death with a bloated Morales, and Soto Karass. He was hurt by Lopez. Cotto and Canelo both finish his ass inside 6. Chino would be completely outclassed.
                      Last edited by thatdudespits; 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X