No announcement yet.

New interview with USADAs Travis Tygart, on Mayweat Ortiz and boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    Huh??? Roy Jones was out of his prime when he started to lose, with the exception of the first Tarver loss.
    And when did he get caught using banned substance?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      When did Hatton and Calzaghe get caught doing Cocaine???? LOL

Theres only 1 certified fighter that was a cheater in boxing, and that man, is Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

It's not cheating, if it's made legal, sport.

And both fighters would be allowed to do it. Which means the technical boxer could use it too.

This whole war on catching steroid users has failed, just like the War on Drugs (Cocaine, Heroin, Marijuana). When legalizing it all would save everybody lots of headaches and save money in the process.
        that's not the same thing at all

with all the money in the sport we know that almost all Athletes would use PED because there livelihood is on the line if they don't. your actually giving people incentives to use drugs

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          When did Hatton and Calzaghe get caught doing Cocaine???? LOL

Theres only 1 certified fighter that was a cheater in boxing, and that man, is Manny Pacquiao.
          When they both retired from boxing.

Cocaine is not a PED.

Anabolic steroids are.

http://www.*************.com/headlin...sted-positive/

Does it matter to you that RJJ tookk Steroids?

Comment

In 2000 against Richard Hall. However Hall was caught too, Both of them did. Roy Jones tested positive. He was five or six times over an acceptable level. Hall was about ten times above an acceptable level.

Canceled itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

with all the money in the sport we know that almost all Athletes would use PED because there livelihood is on the line if they don't. your actually giving people incentives to use drugs
              Exactly, why would anyone want to see a bunch of drugged up guys, I wanna see someones natural talent.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                In 2000 against Richard Hall. However Hall was caught too, Both of them did. Roy Jones tested positive. He was five or six times over an acceptable level. Hall was about ten times above an acceptable level.

Canceled itself out.

Never knew it was OK to use PEDs if your opponent is using them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

Of course I am, which is what I said in my original post. Reaching your maximum human potential. What's wrong with that? If you do it responsibly and safely, what's the problem. Whether it be in the Stamina department, or the strength department.

Some fighters don't take something to get stronger, they just have limitless stamina. So what? You can still outbox them if you have the stamina to execute your game plan.

Fernando Vargas was a chubby like Juan Diaz, and turned to Anabolic Steroids. Looked shredded at the weigh-in. Didn't help his stamina though, and he got TKO'd by Oscar.

Apparently Pacquiao has the best of both worlds, strength and limitless stamina. If the poor bastard didn't have to hide, and it were made legal. Maybe he would share his secret recipe to success, instead of hiding in fear of being disgraced. Just kiddin', I don't know if he is using anything special, but if he were. I have a feeling that it's the combination of his natural DNA and the Drug that's making him soo great.

An average Joe can't take the same thing and expect to turn into a Pacquiao.

Comment

Never knew it was OK to use PEDs if your opponent is using them too.
                    I didn't say that, you did.

You asked the question, and I answered.

But then again, if you did read my previous comment, you'd know that would be my ideal situation.

PED's being legal and both fighters exercising their right to eat/drink whatever they think will benefit their performance the best.
                    Last edited by cupocity303; 06-13-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      the only real flaw with this is if they really want "Olympic style testing" they need to randomly test fighters year round. If a guy knows how to cycle correctly, there is more than enough time to use PEDS between fights which a fighter can still reap from the benefits long after using. So yeah it makes sure the fighters are clean during the 8 weeks prior to a fight but there is no gaurantee they weren't using prior.
                      Boxers dont train in macro cycles all year around like an Olympic athlete would for a big event a year or more away , with boxing the intense training is after the fight is signed this is the time where they would get the most boost from Peds , testing would only need to be during the vigorous part of training , you would think common sense would tell you taking PEDS while in light training would be not much use , you do understand PEDS without intense training are of little use , the other reason is because boxers are restricted to a weight , that in itself would alter a PED regime for the sport .

Comment

Working...
                      X